F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So when I power up my 2016 Lariat the display comes up with the word ”Vignale” on it. Then at shut down it displays Lincoln Mercury. We just bought the truck. Everything else on the sync seems to work just fine. I would think that it should say F150 or Ford or something along those lines. I am hesitant to do a software upload just for the fact it is working with no issues.

·
Premium Member
2022 Powergrid KingRanch in Sparkle White
13,730 Posts
I think in the APIM module

If 7D0-01-02 starts with a 0xxx xxxx xxxx will show Ford products
If 7D0-01-02 starts with an 8xxx xxxx xxxx it will show Lincoln products

Although in later versions of the APIM it might be moved to the 7D0-03-01 portion of the values

It's possible that the APIM came out of another vehicle?

Font Material property Parallel Number Pattern

·
Moderstrator
1,528 Posts
@Jetmech62 - when you do figure this out (and I know you will!), please circle back here to update us all on what you found. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So I hooked up the new computer, with the new cable and free Forscan. I had to download a key from Forscan and enter its. At this point I was able to hook up to the truck and using Forscan to backup the system. When I tried to enter the APIM module it said I needed to have an extended license to do this. So I went out and got the 2month trial license. Back to the interrogation. The new version of Forscan puts it out there in plain english so I scrolled down to the splash screen pushed edit which brings up a table of different screens. I picked the traditional Ford emblem as stock would be. Pushed write and then cycled power. All is good. The shutdown screen. And I apologize for not remembering the correct terminology. It was the Lincoln symbol. So I changed it back to the Ford symbol also. I am sure I will be back in for more changes. I need to justify the new computer and cable😉

·
Premium Member
2022 Powergrid KingRanch in Sparkle White
13,730 Posts
Well done!
Taking matters into your own hands, what little we can with modern vehicles, is rewarding. :)

Reactions: Boatwaco
1 - 13 of 13 Posts