F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I have a 2011 with the navigation. I plug my iphone 4 into the USB. I then connect it via Bluetooth. I need to be able to control my music from my phone (through the Bluetooth way). But it looks like the USB is overriding my Bluetooth and does not allow me to access my music on my iphone. How can I fix this? Long story short, I need the iphone to be plugged in via USB for charging, but I need to be able to pick music from the iphone.

This is my setup for anyone wondering why the heck I need this to work. Haha.

image-2672244915.jpg

image-3952296690.jpg

Check out my custom painted ecoboost covers! email me at [email protected] or shoot me a PM. For more information on the custom covers visit http://zmmrdvd.wix.com/customcovers

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
It's lame but they won't let you control the iPod portion of your phone while it's connected via USB. They make you use the touchscreen. At least that's how it is on my truck.

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's lame but they won't let you control the iPod portion of your phone while it's connected via USB. They make you use the touchscreen. At least that's how it is on my truck.
Do you think there's any app you can download on the iphone that controls the iPhone USB port? Maybe there's something out there that will allow it to be plugged in for power, but will negate the media (music) portion of the USB. I'm gonna look into it

Check out my custom painted ecoboost covers! email me at [email protected] or shoot me a PM. For more information on the custom covers visit http://zmmrdvd.wix.com/customcovers

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
I think the easiest thing to do would be to get a car charger and forget about using the USB port

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ended up cutting out the data wires in the USB. there are 4 wires: red (power), black (ground), white (data), green (data). What I did was cut the white and green wires. I spliced the white wire to the green wire on the phone side of the USB (this makes the phone think it is charging). It works perfectly now. So it charges, but does not send any data to the truck. So I can pick all my music off the phone. Pretty sweet.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Cool and brilliant!! Thanks dude! Like how thats stuffed in there too! I'm gonna go check to see if that'll fit on my '13

·
Registered
7,417 Posts
Is that an IPod stuck sideways in the dash or is that a real option from ford?

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
Um not in my truck. I do not have nav tho. On Bluetooth I can change to next song but won't tell me artist on display. Via USB which I use more, I can scroll through artists & etc through the truck controls. You just couldn't use it as a phone if someone called (with in dash like that)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts