F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Discussion starter · #1 ·
What benefits are there to setting up the "Sync My Ride" feature on my FX4. I have the "Ford My Touch" with navigation, so is there really any thing to be gained by activating the "SMR" feature?

I'm sure I am not the only person who wonders this, so inquiring minds want to know!!!! Come on and educate me..please!!!

Subscribed. Also interested

The syncmyride web site allows Ford customers to schedule or keep track of maintenance, view vehicle health reports, sign up or renew any subscription services, and or download and update the latest revisions to the vehicle SYNC or SYNC with MFT infotainment systems.

What’s included in this update?

DA5T-14D544-BD Gen2 - V3.6.2

The latest SYNC® update includes all of the improvements from previous updates, plus additional benefits, such as:
* Information display on the homescreen for HD, Sirius (if equipped), and FM radio sources
* Simplified graphics and improved usability
* Enhanced voice destination entry for SD Card Navigation (if equipped)
* Improved Navigation vehicle positioning (if equipped)
* Rear view camera guidelines set to ON by default (if equipped)
* Updated SYNC/device compatibility information

The installation of this update will take up to 30 minutes to complete. Be sure to keep your engine running, not in accessory mode, throughout the entire installation process. Turning off your vehicle during the update installation will disrupt the process. Although your vehicle must be in park when you begin the installation process, you may drive your vehicle while the update is downloading to your SYNC system. If your vehicle is equipped with the Intelligent Access with Push Button Start feature, you will need to temporarily disable the Automatic Engine Idle Shutdown (AEIS) component before beginning the installation in order to prevent your vehicle from timing out and shutting off the engine before the software update is complete. To disable this feature, use your steering wheel controls to navigate to the Settings menu on your left-hand Instrument Cluster LCD display. From there, select Vehicle >Auto Engine Off >Off. (If you do not see this setting, there is no need to make any changes before starting the update.) Alternatively, after initiating the installation, you may drive the vehicle during the update process to avoid the engine shutting off. The AEIS will automatically reset to "On" the next time you start your vehicle.

Please note: During the update installation, SYNC will temporarily appear to not recognize your mobile phone or media device. This is normal.
When your system has been successfully updated, SYNC will display a notification saying, "Installation complete."

Discussion starter · #6 ·
So does anyone know how Ford monitors the vehicle to keep Vehicle Health Reports updated? I have enough people and branches of our government it would seem monitoring my life according to the news media.

Typically people put more on personal information on FB or this message board than could ever be derived from your vehicle. The vehicle health reports are intended for the customer. Once generated in the phone, it uses your phone to push the report data to the associated account on syncmyride and the associated email address.

So you're saying I should delete my social security number and credit card number from Facebook? The Internet said it was safe and they can't put anything on the Internet that's not true...

Well now you don't have to actually put anything up online, you have to be careful of your google search terms. Day one, lady was looking for new pressure cookers online, near around the same time her husband was looking for deals on backpacks, school is about to start back up you know. Day two, members of the Joint Terrorism Task Force (DHS) show up on their property asking dozens of questions if they were terrorists. This happened just in the last couple weeks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.