F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my 2013 ecoboost 3 weeks ago and having trouble the last few days with my phone sync when playing music.

using USB cable, i plug in iPhone, tell it "USB" and it will play from whatever app (music, pandora, tune-in radio, etc) but after 4 or 5 minutes it just stops playing the audio. The truck is still showing that the USB is synced but the only way it will start back up playing is if i unplug and redo.

Do y'all think this a phone issue, or truck sync issue?

I have already tried a different USB cable.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Have you tried connecting your iPhone via Bluetooth? That's how I play music from my iPhone. No problems here. Plus, then as soon as you start your truck it'll automatically connect.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I turn the music on at the iPhone then plug in the USB cable. That causes music to stop at the iPhone. Then I hit aux and tell it to use USB as the source and hit play on the iPhone again. After a second it will start up and works fine. If I don't do it in this order I can't get it to play music from streamed video. It'll play for a minute or so and then lose sound.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Mine does the same thing. The only way I've found to keep it from happening is to plug the phone in before starting the truck.

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
I have an XLT so no nav or big dash screen. Either Bluetooth or using cable (I prefer then you can see the artists info song etc) I turn on truck & plug in or turn on the tooth. Then I hit menu & scroll to "select source" then scroll to sync USB or Bluetooth. It usually picks up where it left off or I quickly shuffle my playlist or all songs. It never just starts playing my music unless I leave my phone plugged in when I turn off truck & leave it plugged in for when I get back. Bluetooth I always have to select tooth when I jump back into the truck. No biggie. I got the buttons downpacked to 3 secs haha

1 - 6 of 6 Posts