F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my phone paired with my truck and it works fine but how do you get some of the other voice commands to work? Seems the only other one I can get to work is Services. Do you need a sub to get Climate, Entertainment, etc. to work? Seems these should be free to use when you buy the truck

·
Registered
65 Posts
Glad you posted. I spent the half of this rainy day sitting in our truck trying to learn SYNC. It hasn't been enjoyable. Maybe you'll get some expert input!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah hopefully. I can get the whole phone to work with sync but I can't get the voice commands I also want to use to work. When I say 'Climate' all I get is Sync Line In. Seems like you should be able to control the temp inside your vehicle using voice commands.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Yeah hopefully. I can get the whole phone to work with sync but I can't get the voice commands I also want to use to work. When I say 'Climate' all I get is Sync Line In. Seems like you should be able to control the temp inside your vehicle using voice commands.
I think I can...
Do you have the MFT? When I hit the voice command button, there's a pop up on the touchscreen that gives a list of commands you can say.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't have Ford Touch. On mine I can say Help or Services and it'll go into the list of commands I can say but some of them won't work.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I don't have Ford Touch. On mine I can say Help or Services and it'll go into the list of commands I can say but some of them won't work.
Did you go to "sync my ride" and see if any updates are applicable to your version of sync?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep, it says I'm up to date. I did figure out this evening that in order to use Sync Applink on my iphone, you have to connect it via the USB port on the dash

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Yep, it says I'm up to date. I did figure out this evening that in order to use Sync Applink on my iphone, you have to connect it via the USB port on the dash
right. Apple restricts the blue tooth more so than Android.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Do u know of any other apple apps that will work with sync?
I loved using Pandora, because it would display album art. That's the biggest "damn, I really miss that feature" for me running an Android phone, now.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I don't have mytouch either. I don't think we can control climate without mytouch. We're limited to media control.

I'm planning to make myself a little cheat sheet to put on the visor. I can't remember the exact wording of everything. They should have designed it with more flexibility to understand your intent.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have it and I think it's such a pita to use that I don't use it. It never understands what I say. Pretty much useless to me. I start cursing at her. ..lol.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have the mytouch system. I watched some video's on sync my ride and YouTube. They helped a lot, I used voice commands daily for media and navigation. I've never used for climate. The video helped me understand what wordage the system is looking for. Like in navi you don't say "one thousand ,two hundred, forty, three,,, you say one, two ,four, three for the street number. Give it sometime and you pickup on it, I've had my truck for three months and actually like the mytouch system...

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I loved using Pandora, because it would display album art. That's the biggest "damn, I really miss that feature" for me running an Android phone, now.
But good god, my Google Nexus 5 is amazing.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
But good god, my Google Nexus 5 is amazing.
My SGS4, it's amazing too!
If all I miss is some album art displayed on the truck's touch screen, so be it...lol

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
My SGS4, it's amazing too!
If all I miss is some album art displayed on the truck's touch screen, so be it...lol
You should switch to spotify anyways.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Well I finally figured out how to use the Sync Applink feature with my iphone. The Pandora app is pretty cool. Except I haven't figured out how to do it wireless using the voice command. Have to connect it via the usb port. Say USB and then search on the app for which station/song I want to listen to.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I leave an iPhone 4 loaded with music just plugged in. Still cuts to my droid if there's a call

·
Registered
65 Posts
I got the Pandora app working yesterday wirelessly. It is pretty neat. Now I have to add my station names to my cheat sheet in the visor. I suppose that, with time, I'll learn the right wording, but right now it's not coming intuitive.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts