F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had this truck a little over a week and already had to do a Master Reset on the Sync. I had my iPhone 5 synced since the day I bought it and all of sudden it wouldn't connect to my phone. Anybody else run into this issue? Other than this the Sync has been great. Is this a common problem?

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
So far sync has been great other than the fact that it is a little slow.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That may be related... before my phone "fell out" of Sync the entire system was reacting pretty slow. I hope a Master Reset is not a regular requirement.

BTW.....

LETS GO NINERS!!!

Just had to throw that out there Raiderfan1890!

·
Registered
7 Posts
This happened to me this weekend. I guess I will try a master reset and see if that fixes it. I just got rid of a 2011 Explorer with the SYNC and had very similar issues. I hope I am not going down the same road with this. I really love this truck

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yah, ever since my dealer installed the Navigation portion of the software on my MFT I haven't had an issue. It is a little slow sometimes but no where near the lag as before.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Get used to it It's a Media Program Issue. . I have reset mine DOZENS of times. I have gone to ford they say keep your iphone updated. I just went back to ford they resynched my phone they said it was working fine, I drove away went to media & tried to listen to music & it would not link up. Media command also wont work with ANYTHING so going back to ford again!

·
Registered
176 Posts
My dealer said my Sync version was up to date, even though I was having issues with it freezing on nav screens, and connection issues with my iPhone 4S as a phone and music source. I went to the Syncmyride site and there it said I needed an update. I downloaded the update to a USB, followed all the easy install instructions, and even went back to the site with the USB to "report a successful install". All works great now!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have had this truck a little over a week and already had to do a Master Reset on the Sync. I had my iPhone 5 synced since the day I bought it and all of sudden it wouldn't connect to my phone. Anybody else run into this issue? Other than this the Sync has been great. Is this a common problem?
Here's a tip for you Iphone users. Go in and delete phone in Mytouch. Then go into bluetooth on phone and delete sync. Now back to mytouch phone settings and TURN OFF automatic phonebook download. Then re-pair phone and problem will be solved, guaranteed!! With auto download on the system tries to pair phone and re- download phonebook all at once when you start the car. Microsoft can't do two things at once. This has worked perfectly on my 2012 Edge and now my '13 King ranch.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I second the - do not sync your contacts from the iPhone.

I had all the bad sync issues since day one and did a master reset without syncing the phone contacts. All is working much smoother now and no lookups since.

Talking to dealer - ford is aware of the issue and was also informed that if any of the items you are syncing have special character or emotioncons issues will happen.

Good luck and give it a try.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Here's a tip for you Iphone users. Go in and delete phone in Mytouch. Then go into bluetooth on phone and delete sync. Now back to mytouch phone settings and TURN OFF automatic phonebook download. Then re-pair phone and problem will be solved, guaranteed!! With auto download on the system tries to pair phone and re- download phonebook all at once when you start the car. Microsoft can't do two things at once. This has worked perfectly on my 2012 Edge and now my '13 King ranch.
I second this. Actually figured out the manual download phone book contacts, then turned off automatic download of contacts on the F150 then implemented on the Edge. Much better response from everything and it doesn't take a month and a year for the phone to be made available once starting the vehicle.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I haven't really had any issues with mine. Other than it not recognizing what I say at times.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have had no problems with my iPhone 4S and Sync, it has worked fine since day one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I second this. Actually figured out the manual download phone book contacts, then turned off automatic download of contacts on the F150 then implemented on the Edge. Much better response from everything and it doesn't take a month and a year for the phone to be made available once starting the vehicle.
My dealer showed me the service reply about the iPhone. reset and turned off phone book auto sync etc. so far it seems to have cleared the problem, but from some other posts, I'm not sure if it means to synch it once and then turn it off, or to not download the contacts at all. I'd like to add the contacts at least once. What do you think? Also, was told its a known issue if you have emoticon apps on your phone that causes issues. The service note went on to say for even more elaborate troubleshooting to backup the Iphone to iTunes, wipe all apps off of it, try it with the my touch sync and slowly add an app back and restest to determine which is the culprit. don't know about you but I don't have time for that. my iphone is my business life. The overall system is slow. seems like they could have designed with faster processor.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I synchronized my contacts with the the SYNC system once, then turned off the automate download of contacts. My phone now connects to the system in about 5 seconds of starting the vehicle. Before it was easy thirty seconds to a minute if it didn't get stuck in the process, then nothing would work from the phone. No music no calls no nothing. Even though the phone was on, blue tooth available, SYNC for whatever reason couldn't connect to the phone.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am having the same issue...barely week old truck. My samsung GS3 was linked working fine but then stopped so i deleted pairing to restart but sync won't recognize a device now....as soon as you hit add device it says no device.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You have to do a reset on the sync and re-pair your phone. Once you download the phonebook once disable the automatic phonebook sync.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Same phone and no issues whatsoever

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
14 Participants
Beez
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing