F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Interested. Where do I get said instrument, and also interested in the power gate lock. I think tail gates should lock with the truck...but hey, that would make too much sense.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
[h=1][/h]I got my items from Amazon.Com tail gate assist made by [h=1]Dee Zee DZ43200 Tailgate Assist[/h][h=1]Pop & Lock PL8250 Power Tailgate Lock for Ford[/h]

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got one from Amazon to. I had a problem with the piston coming off of the lower ball connection on the tailgate due to the cable pushing it off. I had to add a washer under the ball connection on the tailgate to allow more room for the tailgate cable. After this was done I had no problems.

·
Registered
329 Posts
What does this mod actually do? Why were you having a difficult time lowing your tailgate?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know my tailgate is pretty heavy when lowering it, with this mod it assists in lowering it and keeps it from drooping thats all it does

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had a similar problem, but mine was the cable binding between the shock, and the tailgate, and it would eventually ware through the rubber coating, so your washer trick saved the day! Thanks for the tip FordNewbee!

·
Registered
156 Posts
After I installed the Dee Zee my wife just laughed at me because I was enjoying watching the tailgate come down all by itself. The reason I love this mod is when I come to the tailgate carrying my golf bag I just pop the tailgate and let it come down by itself and not have to put down the golf bag or worry about holding the bag and trying to get the tailgate down. It's a simple thing but sometimes those are the best ideas.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I was at Talladega a few weeks ago for the Nascar race, and the Chevy promoter was out there with a f150 bed in his booth. He was so happy that their new tailgate comes from the factory with this, he was actually trying to convince me to trade in my truck because my tail gate slams....

I'm still not impressed with these new Chevy trucks, they still seem cheaply made to me. The new Stingray on the other hand, had me drooling. It's a real supercar, not just a bad attempt at one.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I was at Talladega a few weeks ago for the Nascar race, and the Chevy promoter was out there with a f150 bed in his booth. He was so happy that their new tailgate comes from the factory with this, he was actually trying to convince me to trade in my truck because my tail gate slams....

I'm still not impressed with these new Chevy trucks, they still seem cheaply made to me. The new Stingray on the other hand, had me drooling. It's a real supercar, not just a bad attempt at one.
Dunno bout y'all, but mine has a torsion bar that helps you open and close it single handed....from the factory.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Dunno bout y'all, but mine has a torsion bar that helps you open and close it single handed....from the factory.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
We all have the torsion bar, but it doesn't keep the tailgate from slamming down. These dee zee shocks just make it open at a controlled pace.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Do the shocks install on both sides or just one??

No EcoBoost yet, just a fellow F-150 owner.

Sent from my iPhone using it as a signal mirror.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Do the shocks install on both sides or just one??

No EcoBoost yet, just a fellow F-150 owner.

Just one side.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Gee whiz I guess no one here has ever owned an older F150. These tailgates are featherweights compared to older ones and opening it isnt the issue for women it usually is closing it the at is an issue due to the weight. Simply not "dropping" it when opening easliy keeps it from slamming down.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Gee whiz I guess no one here has ever owned an older F150. These tailgates are featherweights compared to older ones and opening it isnt the issue for women it usually is closing it the at is an issue due to the weight. Simply not "dropping" it when opening easliy keeps it from slamming down.
I had to squat the one on my dad's 80's model ford, but I was 10 at the time..

·
Registered
2 Posts
I second that I drove my dads '68 for a while back in high school, those things are stout.

No EcoBoost, Just a Fellow F-150 Owner.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
About this Discussion
30 Replies
15 Participants
scap99
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing