F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2018 2.7l 4x4
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone make protective covers for our tail lights? Preferably something functional and not cosmetic. Last I looked there were just flimsy stick on things that appear just for looks.

This is the third tail light I’ve smashed. Instead of modifying my behavior to stop breaking them, I’d like to protect them.

Plant Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Natural environment Tree

·
Registered
2018 2.7l 4x4
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Still have not found what I'm looking for.. at least for my 2018 F150. Unless I'm lacking in google skills (one skill I'm proud of.. since I google things and copy/paste for a living)

Something like this:

Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Automotive tail & brake light Land vehicle Vehicle

My new tail light came in today. I tried out an aftermarket unit this time to save a few bucks, since I'll probably smash a few more! It fits ok, did not come with wiring or bulbs.. that's ok because the harness on that side is "custom" for the camper shell brake light.

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Automotive side marker light

·
Super Moderator
1,107 Posts
It's not just you - my searches all found taillight guards for prior year F150's only.

• Sad
Reactions: bentruby

·
Super Moderator
1,107 Posts
Ever heard of curb feelers?
You might be able to adapt them to clamp onto the tailgate edge…
;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts