F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone put an aftermarket tailgate step on their truck? I got this one without the integrated step thinking that I'm still young enough to jump in and out of the bed without issues, I am wrong. I see several on searches and wasn't sure if there was any to stay away from.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Yea, I got mine w/o one too. I just use a step stool but would appreciate any experience based info on add ons as well.

·
Premium Member
2,425 Posts
I wasn't aware when I bought it, but mine had the step and rail built into the tail gate. I have never used it though.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I ordered mine with it and I use it all the time I love it! I wish I got the side steps also now there twice the price to add on . Live and learn

·
Registered
588 Posts
LOL You can always purchase a tailgate with one in it and swap out the older one... But that is if you have $$$ to burn LOL. AMP research makes a nice rear step and seems simple enought to install and use and save you money and some youth!

·
Registered
117 Posts
I am glad mine came with the tailgate step, I love it. I have seen some steps that fit into the receiver hitch that looked like they would work pretty good.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I never even checked to see if mine had one when i purchased it. I did'nt see a need for it since i never used mine on my f250.

Reactions: docster

·
Registered
75 Posts
Amp Research does not have the easiest web site to navigate but if you look around long enough you will find that they have a tail gate step. Not sure if it will work on a F150. I found it once but could not find it when I went back to their site.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The reciever step wont do much good if you have the tailgate down. Ive seen some that wrap around the tire and fold up to put behind the seat. Might be an option, i have one in my tailgate and just dont use it much unless i back into my drive way, small incline, but enough to warrent the step!

·
Registered
943 Posts
The tailgate step was the first opton I made sure was on my truck. Being the oldest member of this forum, verticaly challenged, and over weight the tailgate step is a God send. I used to carry a three step ladder in my Super Duty so, that i could get up in the bed.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I know this is an old tread but just wanted to comment.

I just got a sweet deal at my local Princess Auto on the Lund Bedstep and Bedstep2. $70.00 each regular 299.99. Big tent sale going on! I will install later as it's pouring rain. Parts look very well made. Lund products seem to be well designed and tested. I previously had a deal (PA again) on a Lund Bedextender HD for 125.00.

·
Administrator
11,322 Posts
I know this is an old tread but just wanted to comment.

I just got a sweet deal at my local Princess Auto on the Lund Bedstep and Bedstep2. $70.00 each regular 299.99. Big tent sale going on! I will install later as it's pouring rain. Parts look very well made. Lund products seem to be well designed and tested. I previously had a deal (PA again) on a Lund Bedextender HD for 125.00.
You should totally buy me one and sell it to me at a profit to yourself :).

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
291 Posts
You should totally buy me one and sell it to me at a profit to yourself :).

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
I have extensive experience with import parts in that area...... used to go to nopi all over the place and buy stuff in bulk, ie short shifters, throttle bodies, and intake manifolds for 1/4 of the price they would normally go for online..... even with me selling them at 100% mark up, guys would get a better deal then sales and discounts they would get online and I would double up on money.... I never felt bad doing it because in the end, we would both be happy!

Reactions: mwemaxxowner

·
Registered
423 Posts
I have the integrated step in mine and love it. I hate GMs but I do LOVE the fact they put integrated steps in their bumpers. If I get an aftermarket rear bumper I am having the steps installed in it.

AK4wheeler

·
Registered
44 Posts
Love my step and grab bar ( I'm old , 74 ) and use t a lot. works better without a bed cap ,but I need both .

·
Registered
415 Posts
I'm 34 and I love the tailgate step. Aside from the box itself, the step is my favorite thing about this truck. I'm still nimble enough to scamper on and off the tires, but the step is 100% better.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Love my step, don't use the bar but the step definitely if I'm making more then one up and down. And I'm only 28 lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapat

1 - 20 of 30 Posts