F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2020 F150 3.5L Eco Screw 4x4 Max Tow Iconic Silver
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently my 2020 3.5 Screw 4x4 5.5 XLT is setup in a “raptor clone state”. Currently has raptor running boards, Fuel covert 17 inch rims and 315/70/17 toyo RTs. Stance is leveled by a set of Factory Race Series remote resis in the front piggy backs in the rear with dual speed compression adjustment. Truck has the Roush performance pac on it (intake and tune no exhaust). Katzkin leather interior, bed liner, and tinted windows.

This truck is a max tow package with the 3.55 gearing, 36 gallon tank, high capacity trans and oil cooler etc. Great blank canvas to start with though I will say I feel the truck is under geared for the current tire size.

I think we all know good enough is never good enough! Ha! Tinkering is a sickness. Which has sent me down the next rabbit hole. I currently have in my garage a 6 inch bds lift, new 20” special one off black wheels (current 17 inch rims won’t clear bds knuckle) 37” KM3s. I have also built a set of internal bypass shocks to go with the lift kit as well. The last thing I am waiting on is the master kit for my 4.56 regear! Can’t wait to share more!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Side Note: You can fit 4 37 x 12.5 KM3s in between the wheel wells on the F150!

Reactions: Stage3Motorsports

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can also fit an entire BDS 6 inch lift with coil overs and said 37s in the back. I did get the full bds kit including the upper control arms. This is my first 5.5 foot bed. I miss my eight footer at times.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Full package is now installed! The red wheels were cool but I’m digging the new all black wheels now! The 4.56 gears are the next step should be occurring in the next 2 weeks!

·
Premium Member
2015 Lariat 4WD
764 Posts
That looks really good man! Hope your significant other is not vertically challenged!!

·
Premium Member
2021 Powerboost Platinum FX4 Kodiak Brown
9,444 Posts
In Texas, at least in my parts, if you drive it you are using it. :)

Or put another way, there's no explanation necessary for sitting up nice and high with a great view of traffic and routes. And all you have to do is look around Cuz you ain't the only one up there.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Hobbes

·
Premium Member
2015 Lariat 4WD
764 Posts
Agreed with @snakebitten in regards to "use."

While I am not originally from TN, there is that group of people who have jacked up trucks and "use them" meaning those $50K plus trucks are covered in mud...

This is not and will never be me. Not in a daily driver, especially one that is actually halfway decent.

Now I have had several Jeep's, built a few tube buggies and even "wheeled" a Nissan Pathfinder that had been modified, but those...were not ones I would take on long trips unless they were on a trailer. Run to the store? Sure. Go a state over? Nope.

I have considered lifting mine, as I grew very used to it sitting a lot higher while on the jack stands as I was performing surgery, but for now I will just leave that thought in the back of my mind. Because with a lift, comes wheels and tires, comes the high likelihood of a re-gear, comes additional strain on components...sigh.

His truck looks really good, however he chooses to use it, is his business...:cool:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Or put another way, there's no explanation necessary for sitting up nice and high with a great view of traffic and routes. And all you have to do is look around Cuz you ain't the only one up there.

Haha thanks Snakebitten! I have a 2009 Sierra mule that does my real dirty work. Once I sell it I’ll buy an F-250 and the F-150 will transfer to mule duty.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Agreed with @snakebitten in regards to "use."

While I am not originally from TN, there is that group of people who have jacked up trucks and "use them" meaning those $50K plus trucks are covered in mud...

This is not and will never be me. Not in a daily driver, especially one that is actually halfway decent.

Now I have had several Jeep's, built a few tube buggies and even "wheeled" a Nissan Pathfinder that had been modified, but those...were not ones I would take on long trips unless they were on a trailer. Run to the store? Sure. Go a state over? Nope.

I have considered lifting mine, as I grew very used to it sitting a lot higher while on the jack stands as I was performing surgery, but for now I will just leave that thought in the back of my mind. Because with a lift, comes wheels and tires, comes the high likelihood of a re-gear, comes additional strain on components...sigh.

His truck looks really good, however he chooses to use it, is his business...:cool:
Thanks Tango Mike! My wheeler was a TJ for a while but now I steal the company JL! Let me know if you have any questions regarding lifts. Very happy with mine!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That looks really good man! Hope your significant other is not vertically challenged!!
Haha she has to hop up a little bit but she’s in good shape 😎. Thanks!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
491 Posts

Yeah but 99% of those around Houston are definitely prima donnas. No scratches, no mud anywhere.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2015 Lariat 4WD
764 Posts
I may lift it down the road, just have not decided just yet what direction to go. For these trucks there are tons of lift options available, so when it does come, I will be doing research and asking those who have done it what they liked and did not like.

For example, in years past on other previously owned IFS trucks the drop down bracketry would rattle unless you put a nice bead of weld on them, do these have the same issues?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
I may lift it down the road, just have not decided just yet what direction to go. For these trucks there are tons of lift options available, so when it does come, I will be doing research and asking those who have done it what they liked and did not like.

For example, in years past on other previously owned IFS trucks the drop down bracketry would rattle unless you put a nice bead of weld on them, do these have the same issues?
Nope the cross member drop system is silent on mine. I am a firm believer though that BDS is a step above the rest in terms of QC. Fit and finish on the parts is fantastic.

Reactions: TangoMike415

·
Premium Member
9,444 Posts
Nope the cross member drop system is silent on mine. I am a firm believer though that BDS is a step above the rest in terms of QC. Fit and finish on the parts is fantastic.
BDS is owned by Fox. So basically a BDS lift with Fox dampers and springs should be considered keeping it all in the family, so to speak.

That new Off Road outfitter company (RMT) is also owned by Fox. And Ford supports their pre-sale build very similar to a Shelby or Saleen or other special vehicles sold at Ford dealerships. (that would explain the component list on the RMT Off-road trucks being BDS/Fox)

I say all that to make the point that I think you have good quality components in what you just did to your truck. So it's probably just a matter of getting things configured in harmony?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
BDS is owned by Fox. So basically a BDS lift with Fox dampers and springs should be considered keeping it all in the family, so to speak.

That new Off Road outfitter company (RMT) is also owned by Fox. And Ford supports their pre-sale build very similar to a Shelby or Saleen or other special vehicles sold at Ford dealerships. (that would explain the component list on the RMT Off-road trucks being BDS/Fox)

I say all that to make the point that I think you have good quality components in what you just did to your truck. So it's probably just a matter of getting things configured in harmony?

Thanks Snakebitten, full disclosure I work for FOX in engineering management. Just want to make sure I am fully transparent. I can say with absolute confidence that if I didn’t believe that we were the best I wouldn’t put it on my personal vehicle that I stroked a check for. The BDS guys are the best in the business hence why we acquired them, along with Tuscany, SCA, Rocky Ridge Trucks, and RMT. American companies striving to be absolutely dominant in the industry.

Reactions: snakebitten

·
Premium Member
9,444 Posts
Well, now I have it straight from the horses mouth! And I very much appreciate it.

I said it before..... American truck owners are very blessed to have access to a variety of quality aftermarket suspension products, but that list you put ^ is definitely long and distinguished. :)

Reactions: Hobbes
1 - 20 of 25 Posts