F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is something new to me, letting someone else touch and work on my vehicles. I got free oil changes and tire rotation for life of the vehicle. I know it is a simple process, but I have heard of many horror stories of things getting mucked up. I figure I will give it a try and see how it goes. Wish me luck.

·
Registered
73 Posts
If a ford dealer can't do an oil change and tire rotation they have a big problem. I usually do mine but after 1 change on the ecoboost, I now take it to my ford dealer with my 6 quarts of mobil 1. The filter was a very long reach doing it in the garage on my back, I guess i'm just getting a little old for that.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I've always done my own oil changes and such. Now I'm able to afford it better (not that its much cheaper DIY), so it's easier for me to just drive the 4 miles to the dealer and drool over new trucks and cars. Never know, I might trade the 'Beast in for a Boss 302.... Doubtful it would tow my trailer as well....

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
I just took mine in and had kind of a bad experience....

Good luck man!

·
Registered
269 Posts
I usually do mine but after 1 change on the ecoboost, I now take it to my ford dealer with my 6 quarts of mobil 1.
X 2. Absolutely use your own oil.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got in an out this morning in an hour, which I am please with. They did change the filter and really did put oil in to the proper level. It was raining so I didn't give it a thorough check. I'll see about doing that tonight or tomorrow. At first glance I think they did a good job.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Yeah I looked up how to change it and I didn't even attempt it. It's worth the money to pay to have it done. I did by my own filter and oil. Mobile 1 was my choice.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My dealer didn't replace the two rubber plugs on the belly pan. Told them I wanted them back, got a bit of a runaround so I explained that I would go out in the lot and get get a set. They did take a set off one on the lot & replaced them. Not the first time they "forgot" to do some simple little task. Makes me really worry if I ever need real work done....

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
My dealer didn't replace the two rubber plugs on the belly pan. Told them I wanted them back, got a bit of a runaround so I explained that I would go out in the lot and get get a set. They did take a set off one on the lot & replaced them. Not the first time they "forgot" to do some simple little task. Makes me really worry if I ever need real work done....
Rubber plugs?

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Only my first oil change was free. I was apprehensive and even more so when the truck was pulled around for me and I could see oil dripping onto the ground. Turns out it was the oil filter having some of it's contents dumped onto the skidpan and dripping off. Until I come to grips with my anxiety I'll continue to do my own oil changes.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'd like to talk the engineer who came up with filter placement and that stupid drip tray........ Use his face to scrub the oil off my driveway.

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
This is something new to me, letting someone else touch and work on my vehicles. I got free oil changes and tire rotation for life of the vehicle. I know it is a simple process, but I have heard of many horror stories of things getting mucked up. I figure I will give it a try and see how it goes. Wish me luck.
I will tell you, when I said this very thing to my wife .... "There, there".

Feel better now?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts