F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm bringing my 2012 xlt scab to the track tomorrow night. I'll be running the Livernois 91v2 performance tune, airaid intake.

I need to know if anyone has run this setup or similar setup and what your times were.

Also, has anyone in Colorado taken their truck to the track? Altitude plays a big role in times. I want to know how 5280 times compare to sea level times. Thanks!

Here is my truck

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire

· Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just tried keeping my traction control on in 2wd at a stop light and my rear wheels just started spinning from 1st to 2nd gear. This LMS tune is no joke. 4wd will be my only option at the track tonight.

I've done some research on eco's at my attitude and they seem to lose ~1.3 seconds.

My goal is 13.8

· Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Alright so I went to the track finally. Didn't do as well as planned. Altitude certainly makes a big difference. I was at about 6000' I think, maybe a bit higher cuz it was in the foothills

I think temperature played a big role as well because my times kept getting better as it cooled down.

When it was pushing 100° I ran a 15.5
When it dropped to 95° I ran a 15.3

I did a few runs between 15.2 and 15.5 then let my truck cool off.

My last run was against a brand new Camaro. He beat me off the line but I beat him in the 1/4 by .2 seconds. Pretty proud of myself. He had a v8 too. I ran a 15 flat right there.

I had the fastest ecoboost there (only 3 that I saw) and second fastest truck overall (I don't consider lowered Ford lightnings to be trucks).

With it pushing 100° the whole time I was there, I don't think I did bad. I will go back when it is colder and run mid 14s

· Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't think they perform better at altitude than they do at sea level. I think there is less of an impact on them at altitude compared to naturally aspirated engines. We have less oxygen in our air here. Not to mention the smell of smoke everywhere u go cuz of the wildfires

· Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'll look at my times when I get home and report back. I've got a bad ass video of me beating the camaro but it's on facebook and I can't seem to find a way to get it saved to my phone. Any ideas?
I like the lightnings just joking around.

· Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok so here are my times:

60': 2.254
1/8: 9.74

The best part of this video is the camaro got a way better start than me. And I still beat him.

The altitude and the heat are crucial. 100° and 5800'

I'll take a second or so off my 1/4 mile anyday for the extra yards on my driver! Golf out here is sweet

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.