F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Please post TSB numbers and their purpose and I'll add it to a list.

TSB

14-0017 Condensation shudder
14-0134 Growl or Buzzing while shifting from Park to Drive
15-0003 Fuel in oil.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
What all are you looking for? I can get you every tsb and Ssm that's out
Just looking at making a simple list in the thread for people to quickly browse. A suggestion by PGT_cruzer

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
The new vacuum pump tsb that was just released on June 22/ 15.

Post up the PDF.

·
Registered
13,026 Posts
Anything worth while for a 2012 Canadian edition Ecoboost

Sent from my non using Tapatalk in 🇨🇦

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2012 F-150 eco XLT with a sever chatter a start up. new timing chain, new injector pump
he Ford dealers have all but given up any ideas ?

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a 2012 F-150 eco XLT with a sever chatter a start up. new timing chain, new injector pump he Ford dealers have all but given up any ideas ?
there is a startup noise thread that discusses this as well as another forum. Several members, including myself, think it is a cam phaser making noise on startup.

·
Registered
5,370 Posts
I have a 2012 F-150 eco XLT with a sever chatter a start up. new timing chain, new injector pump
Above me Vozaday is definitely on the right track. Some have speculated the hpfp. But on the truck I know about, replacing the hpfp fixed start up noise for a very short time. My 2011 with 95k miles started rattling every cold start. Dealer couldn't replicate. I traded off the boost. Good luck! If you solve it, please post!

·
Registered
13,026 Posts
Above me Vozaday is definitely on the right track. Some have speculated the hpfp. But on the truck I know about, replacing the hpfp fixed start up noise for a very short time. My 2011 with 95k miles started rattling every cold start. Dealer couldn't replicate. I traded off the boost. Good luck! If you solve it, please post!
You traded? Bye bye. Good bye

Sent from my non using Tapatalk in 🇨🇦

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Welcome to the site, Tommy! Let's see what I can do to help. How many miles are on your truck? When was the last time a Ford Dealer checked out the chatter?

Crystal

·
Registered
8 Posts
Does truck still have to be under warranty to get a TSB done? I bought a used '12 and I think I am having the radio speaker problem covered in a TSB.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
It does, unless it falls under some of the govt. mandated warranties like for emissions or safety issues. Speakers would definitely not be covered.

Just get some aftermarket speakers, the base Motorcrap speakers suck really bad.

Why replace them with the same crappy speakers that will fail again if your going to have to pay for it either way?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Yup spend $50 to 100 on a set of speakers and change them yourself. I tossed all the ford speakers right away they are junk. Mine had the same issue.. they changed it and it started crapping out again. So that's when I went after market and never had a no issue.

·
Registered
33 Posts
TSB15-0131, August 19, 2015

Latest timing chain TSB, applies to every 3.5 Eco before 5-29-2015

Replace all four variable camshaft timing (VCT) units and primary timing chain.

WARRANTY STATUS:
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage And Emissions Warranty Coverage

Does not say codes are necessary, only startup noise after cold soak of 6 hours or more.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
My truck is under the knife for this one now. ^^

Supposedly the permanent fix for the issue, as both the chain and VCT phasers have been revised.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
About this Discussion
71 Replies
31 Participants
Mr B
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing