F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
My truck is under the knife for this one now. ^^

Supposedly the permanent fix for the issue, as both the chain and VCT phasers have been revised.
how many miles are on your truck? Im worried this issue will crop up just as soon as I'm out of warranty, kind of has me thinking about getting rid of the truck right before the warranty is up.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
My truck is under the knife for this one now. ^^

Supposedly the permanent fix for the issue, as both the chain and VCT phasers have been revised.
Hey Pinero61,

I want to make sure this surgery is going well; please send me a PM with your full name, phone number, VIN, up-to-date mileage, and the name of your Ford Dealer.

I'm on this.

Todd

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
how many miles are on your truck? Im worried this issue will crop up just as soon as I'm out of warranty, kind of has me thinking about getting rid of the truck right before the warranty is up.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Hey Pinero61,

I want to make sure this surgery is going well; please send me a PM with your full name, phone number, VIN, up-to-date mileage, and the name of your Ford Dealer.

I'm on this.

Todd
It is now... After three weeks of fighting/spoon feeding my local dealer's service dept.

·
Registered
6,682 Posts
So I'be made the step to take mine in goes in next week to see what the service Sept is going to say. Even the service manager said it was likely the phasers when I had it in there back in April but said they couldn't do anything about it.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
So I'be made the step to take mine in goes in next week to see what the service Sept is going to say. Even the service manager said it was likely the phasers when I had it in there back in April but said they couldn't do anything about it.
We've all been saying the phasers for a while now... I'm glad Ford finally took responsibility.

·
Registered
6,682 Posts
Yup just hoping that here in Canada they don't try and give me a line of bull****.

·
Registered
903 Posts
We've all been saying the phasers for a while now... I'm glad Ford finally took responsibility.
Took responsibility to issue a TSB? Yes. Took responsibility to completely design a new phaser that won't fail again rather than just roll the rev on a part number? Only time will tell...

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Yup just hoping that here in Canada they don't try and give me a line of bull****.
I always have issues with this particular service dept. I actually started bringing my vehicles to the local Chevy dealer for servicing. Lol

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Took responsibility to issue a TSB? Yes. Took responsibility to completely design a new phaser that won't fail again rather than just roll the rev on a part number? Only time will tell...
True enough. According to ford tech on YouTube, they're completely new.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
It is now... After three weeks of fighting/spoon feeding my local dealer's service dept.
Thanks for following up, Pinero61. If you'd like, I can document feedback about your experience at the dealership. Just send me a PM with your full name, best daytime phone number, dealer info, and any specifics that you'd like me to include. I'll get this entered into our system for you.

Crystal

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Thanks for following up, Pinero61. If you'd like, I can document feedback about your experience at the dealership. Just send me a PM with your full name, best daytime phone number, dealer info, and any specifics that you'd like me to include. I'll get this entered into our system for you.

Crystal
They may be idiots, but they're idiots that will work with me when I really need them to. Getting FOMOCO involved complicates things when it's not absolutely necessary to involve them.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Just out the rock is fords new national spokesman! :D:thumbup:

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Just out the rock is fords new national spokesman! :D:thumbup:

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
On second thought, can we get the Rock to straighten these boys out?

·
Registered
734 Posts
The Rock makes a great spokesman for Ford Service, since when I think of my dealership, I have always imagined an overbuilt meathead beating **** with his fist instead of actually diagnosing issues.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
RIP Mike Rowe then? Always liked him.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just chiming in here. I'm in Canada, I took mine to the dealership two weeks ago to have them look at it..planned to leave it there overnight so that they could hear the cold start, guess what....no rattle. Luckily I had the shop Forman come out for the start. I had one of the YouTube videos of this rattle cued up just in case. They ordered the part and it goes in on Tuesday. I'll update once I get it back with the complete work list

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
The Rock makes a great spokesman for Ford Service, since when I think of my dealership, I have always imagined an overbuilt meathead beating **** with his fist instead of actually diagnosing issues.
Hahahahaah, this is perfect!

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Just chiming in here. I'm in Canada, I took mine to the dealership two weeks ago to have them look at it..planned to leave it there overnight so that they could hear the cold start, guess what....no rattle. Luckily I had the shop Forman come out for the start. I had one of the YouTube videos of this rattle cued up just in case. They ordered the part and it goes in on Tuesday. I'll update once I get it back with the complete work list
Lucky you, mine sat at the dealer for 3 weeks and never made the noise... It does it damn near daily, so I know they were hearing it. The service manager finally heard it do it after three weeks, and decided to order the parts for the tsb. I spoon fed them every relevant bit of information from the tsb numbers to articles from ford acknowledging the issue.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi 0ak13yS,

If you need any assistance getting your vehicle fixed by the dealer let me know; I'll be glad to get a case started!

Thanks, and have a great weekend,

Mathieu

21 - 40 of 72 Posts