F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
There is many TSB and I asked my dealer if there was any that needed to be done on mine. Built date is around july 2014. They said there was no TSB to be done.

However I read a few things here and there and I was wondering if I can ask them to do it even tho I don't see the problem? My thinking is about the pedal to the floor problem that is it goes limp, I don't want to get into an accident to tell them it happened. I did floor it a few times but I don't do that regularly.

As per this I should be fine and have no problem.

I think I get confused by the amount of different problem vs TSB.

·
Registered
846 Posts
What's finished lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Anyone know the repair procedure for this?

NHTSA Reference#10055638

TSB Reference#ASI-44421

Description: FORD: ON SOME TRUCKS, THERE IS NOISE (CHIRP, CLUNK, BOOM) COMING FROM RIGHT FRONT REAR SHOCK ABSORBER, WHEN TRAVELING OVER SHARP, SMALL BUMPS (POTHOLES, FROST HEAVES OR EXPANSION JOINTS, AND MORE APPARENT DURING COLD TEMPERATURES. MODEL 2

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Anyone know the repair procedure for this?

NHTSA Reference#10055638

TSB Reference#ASI-44421

Description: FORD: ON SOME TRUCKS, THERE IS NOISE (CHIRP, CLUNK, BOOM) COMING FROM RIGHT FRONT REAR SHOCK ABSORBER, WHEN TRAVELING OVER SHARP, SMALL BUMPS (POTHOLES, FROST HEAVES OR EXPANSION JOINTS, AND MORE APPARENT DURING COLD TEMPERATURES. MODEL 2

Replace with FOX coilovers?

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #49

·
Registered
2,792 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi!
Any TSBs or recalls for a 2014 3.5L V6 EB? Truck is a Tremor with only 3,000 miles which I'm considering buying. According to window sticker, truck was built in December, 2013 though. Thank you for help!

·
Administrator
7,736 Posts
Hi!
Any TSBs or recalls for a 2014 3.5L V6 EB? Truck is a Tremor with only 3,000 miles which I'm considering buying. According to window sticker, truck was built in December, 2013 though. Thank you for help!
yes

·
Registered
34 Posts
K, thanks! I did read about the deflectors on certain AD or so intercoolers, but that's about it. I'm a newbie here, so is paying for Motorcraft Service as SteveG indicated below how you guys mainly find out? Thanks, again!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thank you, SteveG. The thing is that I am actually considering buying this truck and honestly from what I have read recently I'm not sure if I wanna get involved with the 2014 3.5L V6 EB...

·
Administrator
7,736 Posts
Thank you, SteveG. The thing is that I am actually considering buying this truck and honestly from what I have read recently I'm not sure if I wanna get involved with the 2014 3.5L V6 EB...
Well you are just going to have more issues if you go with a 2015.

Spend about 2 hours on the forum searching through the Ecoboost Problems section of the forum.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Do not like them 2015s. The only thing I do like is the fact that they're lighter...Yeah, I have spent days, not hours, searching everywhere. I just did not see many people mentioning that after whatever TSBs and what not were done, them motors ran like new again...But, I recently discovered this website and will look into the Eco Probs section. Thanks, bud!

·
Registered
34 Posts
The 2014 Tremor I'm looking to buy was bult in December 5, 2013. so, this TSB does apply to it. Darn it!!! So we're talking some big job here (labor and parts).

TSB 15-0044
3.5L GTDI - DTC P0016 - PRIMARY TIMING CHAIN WEAR - BUILT ON OR BEFORE 10/10/2014
Publication Date: March 30, 2015

FORD:2011-2014 F-150
This article supersedes TSB 14-0194 to update the Parts List.
[h=2]ISSUE:[/h]Some 2011-2014 F-150 vehicles equipped with a 3.5L Gasoline Turbocharged Direct Injection (GTDI) engine and built on or before 10/10/2014 may exhibit a malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) illuminated with diagnostic trouble code (DTC) P0016. Other DTCs and driveability concerns may also be present. This concern may be due to a worn primary timing chain.[h=2]ACTION:[/h]Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.[h=3]SERVICE PROCEDURE[/h]
  1. Is the vehicle build date on or before 10/10/2014?
    1. Yes - proceed to Step 2.
    1. No - this procedure does not apply. Refer to Powertrain Control/Emissions Diagnosis (PC/ED) manual for normal diagnosis.
  1. Using Integrated Diagnostic System (IDS), with key on and engine running (KOER), select the VCT_INT_ACT1 Parameter Identification Data (PID) in the Datalogger.
    1. If VCT_INT_ACT1 PID reads +6 degrees or greater, proceed to Step 3.
    1. If VCT_INT_ACT1 PID reads +5 degrees or less - this procedure does not apply. Refer to Powertrain Control/Emissions Diagnosis (PC/ED) manual for normal diagnostics.
  1. Replace the primary timing chain. Refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 303-01.
PART NUMBERPART NAME
AT4Z-6268-CPrimary Timing Chain
AA5Z-9439-AIntake Gasket
BL3Z-6584-ACam Cover Gasket - Left Hand
BR3Z-6584-BCam Cover Gasket - Right Hand (2011–2012)
DL3Z-6584-BCam Cover Gasket - Right Hand (2013–2014)
BL3Z-9E583-BHigh Pressure Pump O-ring
BR3Z-8507-CPump Gasket
BR3Z-8527-APump O-ring
7T4Z-8590-ACoolant Inlet Seal
XW4Z-6700-AACrank Seal
BR3Z-6020-AFront Cover Radial Seal
F5RZ-6A340-BDamper Bolt
TA-357Motorcraft® High Performance Engine RTV Silicone
ZC-30-AMotorcraft® Silicone Gasket Remover
ZC-31-BMotorcraft® Metal Surface Prep
VC-3-BMotorcraft® Orange Antifreeze/Coolant Concentrated
XO-5W30-QSPMotorcraft® SAE 5W-30 Premium Synthetic Blend Motor Oil
TA-25-BMotorcraft® Threadlock and Sealer
TA-24-BMotorcraft® Thread Sealant with PTFE

OPERATIONDESCRIPTIONTIME
150044A2011-2014 F-150 3.5L GTDI: Diagnose And Replace The Primary Timing Chain (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations)8.9 Hrs.

[h=3]WARRANTY STATUS[/h]Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage And Emissions Warranty Coverage.
Warranty/ESP coverage limits/policies/prior approvals are not altered by a TSB. Warranty/ESP coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part and verified using the OASIS part coverage tool.

[h=3]DEALER CODING[/h]
BASIC PART NO.CONDITION CODE
6268 33

[HR][/HR]NOTE: The information in Technical Service Bulletins is intended for use by trained, professional technicians with the knowledge, tools, and equipment to do the job properly and safely. It informs these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or provides information that could assist in proper vehicle service. The procedures should not be performed by "do-it-yourselfers". Do not assume that a condition described affects your car or truck. Contact a Ford or Lincoln dealership to determine whether the Bulletin applies to your vehicle. Warranty Policy and Extended Service Plan documentation determine Warranty and/or Extended Service Plan coverage unless stated otherwise in the TSB article. The information in this Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) was current at the time of printing. Ford Motor Company reserves the right to supercede this information with updates. The most recent information is available through Ford Motor Company's on-line technical resources.

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
That TSB is covered under warranty. The timing chain issues is common enough to hear about it, but not overly common. So I wouldn't stress about it, and if it does happen then have warranty repair it.

41 - 60 of 72 Posts
About this Discussion
71 Replies
31 Participants
Mr B
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing