F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed a few times that the temperature reading was not accurate in my truck. I think that both times I've noticed, were when the radio was turned off. Example, yesterday it was about 30d and the truck said 47d.

Also, I was climbing a grade yesterday that I know to be 6%. The signs on the road say so. However, my truck never showed more than 2%?

Anyone else have this happen?

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I've noticed a few times that the temperature reading was not accurate in my truck. I think that both times I've noticed, were when the radio was turned off. Example, yesterday it was about 30d and the truck said 47d.

Also, I was climbing a grade yesterday that I know to be 6%. The signs on the road say so. However, my truck never showed more than 2%?

I've noticed that it's not very accurate as well. I've never compared it to anything though.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When it's off by 2-3 factors, it's not even in the ballpark!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I think the temp reading takes sometime to adjust when I pull truck out of on garage it takes a few minutes to change.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I think the temp reading takes sometime to adjust when I pull truck out of on garage it takes a few minutes to change.
The temp reading is usually close, but I find that the inclinometer isn't close to being accurate. I've never really tested against anything, since it's pretty much flat where I live.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do notice that the thermometer takes a few minutes. I think that has in any car I've owned. Once it adjusts, it is close enough. However, I've had two days now that it just stayed at a 20 degree error the whole time.

The inclinometer (new word for me) has seemed fairly accurate until yesterday.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I do notice that the thermometer takes a few minutes. I think that has in any car I've owned. Once it adjusts, it is close enough. However, I've had two days now that it just stayed at a 20 degree error the whole time.

The inclinometer (new word for me) has seemed fairly accurate until yesterday.
I never use it down here, but I'd like to think it would work when I'm at the lease or up north.

·
Registered
13' F150 FX2 - SCREW. AFE Intercooler - Charge Pipes - Stage 2 Intake - Downpipes - Unleashed Tune
152 Posts
From from my understanding the trucks APP states hill accent/descent in (degrees) not (percent) as the road signs display. This is my only explanation for the difference

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
From from my understanding the trucks APP states hill accent/descent in (degrees) not (percent) as the road signs display. This is my only explanation for the difference
According to the calculator I found that should come out to 3.43 degrees.

I've only ever messed with it on boat launches and levees. There's no real way for me to double check it unless I whip some string and a protractor. Lol.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You are correct on degrees vs. percent, that will make a difference, as I believe road signs are posted in percents. However, I know that yesterday I was climbing a bugger of a hill and it read 2 degrees....then, today I leave the house and my driveway reads 5 degrees??? I know my driveway is less steep than yesterdays hill...

Oh well, really doesn't matter. It's not a needed tool, but it would make my discussions online more accurate. I can live without it. After all, online discussion turns similar to fish stories anyway. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts