F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 F150 CC 4x4 3.5EB. What are the high temps I should expect to see on coolant, trans and oil when under load towing near max capacities? Also I have a couple of different apps (using OBD2 port) I monitor the various temps with but I cannot seem to get a oil temp to display? Is that PID not able to be seen? Thanks in advance.

Jamie
2017 F150 4x4 3.5EB
Rough Country 6" with Vertex coilovers, Sumosprings

·
Premium Member
8,031 Posts
I don't believe there is an oil temp pid. Sadly.

Sent from my SM-T878U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,031 Posts
Touché

But I can add a temp sensor easier than port injection, if you know what I mean.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Blown F-150

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
Coolant: 240+ is not unusual in harsh conditions
Trans: 210-215 is about as high as I see. I have heard the 2018 trucks with the liquid/oil coolers do get hotter.
Oil: Not many people know on a stock truck. As they say, ignorance is bliss. You might not want to know.

Reactions: snakebitten

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks everyone.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a 2018 FX4, 3.5 EB with max tow and One thing that I found towing our 6500lb trailer is that when going up hills. the engine temp gets pretty high if I leave it in towing mode. It seems to keep the RPMs too low and I think the turbos are just getting real hot. I have found that going to manual and dropping to 6th or 5th gear on the tyranny, let's the engine cool down because the gearing is helping it do the work.
Works well on the Grapevine here in Socal and in the Sierras

·
Registered
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 Ecobeast SuperCrew 4X4
1,972 Posts
All ya really have to do is keep it in D with CC on and lockout/unlock gears as ya go, towmode or not makes no difference this way. Not counting slowdown for curves, of course. Now I hate towmode and cruise when I start downhill. I'd rather the truck and trailer brakes slow me down than 6000 rpm in 2nd gear on a steep hill ! Can't be good.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts

1 - 9 of 9 Posts