F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I want to say, I am very reasonable and not a huge complainer by any means. If I get the wrong order at a restaurant, most of the time i'll just eat it and not say anything... However, my recent experience with SCT was incredibly bad.

I purchased an SCT GTX tuner on April 3rd from SCT directly, without talking to any representatives, just based on what was available for my 2017 F150 3.5 eb. I intended to install downpipes, turbo adapters, catch can, intakes, and tune all at once. I decided to use a 5 star tune with this display and was unsuccessful. I called tech support to talk through the issues. First tech said it would work no problem. After no further success, I spoke with another tech and they said don't even try it on the 2017 and up models. With that being said, I decided to return it. This is where the trouble started...

Long story short, I called/emailed multiple times and was promised a response. Each time I never received a response and was told they had no record of the previous conversations. After exactly 33 days, I was told I was past the 30 day return policy and I would be charged a 25% restocking fee ($175). They said they could not do a full refund because I had never attempted to return the device throughout the past 30 days, which was incredibly false. They also said a supervisor would not do anything for me. They would not transfer me, and hung up on me. Mind you, I was incredibly polite during each interaction.

That being said, I know this is a small loss, but I have never dealt with a company this big that has ZERO after sales support. I ended up purchasing an nGauge tuner with the 5 star tunes and customer service has been great.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Unfortunately I've been hearing more and more stories simular to yours about dealings with sct/customer support

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
534 Posts
Assuming you have evidence to back all of that up, call your credit card company and dispute the charge. I love AmEx for this reason...

·
Premium Member
813 Posts
Please PM me the names of the people you spoke to. I will get to the bottom of this.

Also give me your details (serial number on device) so I can get this taken care of for you. This is not how SCT operates, and I wont stand by and watch it happen.

Stand by.

·
Administrator
9,491 Posts
Please PM me the names of the people you spoke to. I will get to the bottom of this.

Also give me your details (serial number on device) so I can get this taken care of for you. This is not how SCT operates, and I wont stand by and watch it happen.

Stand by.
Thanks for your efforts here BK!

My experiences with SCT have always been good also. Please give them another shot!

2016 2.7 4x4 screw

·
Premium Member
813 Posts
No PM as of yet.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I've had nothing but great service with SCT as well...
Is the OP sure he had the right phone number?-lol (only if it isn't happening to you).

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
7,733 Posts
I think it's BS when the SCT device bricks when you are updating the damn device using their proprietary software, that YOU (the customer) has to pay $150 dollars to send the device in and have the hardware updated. After that, they only give you a 30 day warranty.

Ask me how I know.

·
Premium Member
813 Posts
It's really difficult to say in that situation. You have to remember, these devices have a 1 year warranty. I had someone upset that had a 5 year old device that died. Things are not going to last forever.

Samsung, Sony, Apple, whatever, is not going to warranty your product forever, neither are other companies like us. Yes it does suck if your device dies during an update and I completely sympathize in that scenario. Memory cards can go bad, boards can go bad, things can go bad. It's just luck of the draw really. I have a few x4's that are 5+ years old and work like a charm, and I've also been on the other side as well.

The scenario OP had was different, and I would be upset too. Seems he just came here to rant though, I have not had a PM yet.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No PM as of yet.
Sorry for the delay in response. I have been out of town for work and don't get much free time to hop on the forum when traveling. I really appreciate you reaching out to help however, SCT has seen the post/review and called me Friday. They decided to take everything back with full refund. It still makes it tough to do future business with them, but I certainly appreciate the call rectifying the situation.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I have had good experience with SCT. Back around Christmas my X4 flaked out during a tune reload and killed my PCM. It took them a bit but they fix the X4 and sent me a replacement PCM. It sucked that it happened but they responded well.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Looks like its good to know someone on this forum; who actually knows a person, who's heard of a friend, who has a cousin and or brother of a....etc you get the jist-lol
That worked out nicely thanks to BoostKing!-it definitely appears.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looks like its good to know someone on this forum; who actually knows a person, who's heard of a friend, who has a cousin and or brother of a....etc you get the jist-lol
That worked out nicely thanks to BoostKing!-it definitely appears.

No kidding! VERY thankful for the support and help especially from you Boostking!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just recently bought a used sct tuner. Couldn’t get it to work on my truck. Called SCT. of course I get the recording “ wait times are long. Blah blah. Leave your number we will call you back”. Sure enough they called me back. Walked me through everything. The tech asked about my usb cable. I had no idea there are ones for charging and different ones for data. Tried a new cable. Updated the firmware. Works great.thumbs up For SCT customer service

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
14 Participants
mhagley24
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing