F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2013 f150 ecoboost factory remote start has terrible range on it. Some days I can start it from 100 feet away but most days it's probably only have 30 foot range. Even for locking and unlocking the doors sometimes I can be next to it and it won't even do anything. So I am wondering if anyone has encountered this problem and if was fixed at the dealer. Thanks

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
How long have you had it? I noticed after 6 months my range got shorter and shorter. I replaced the battery and it's great again. In a clear shot it's at least 50 yards. Not sure if the batteries they use from ford are just crap or if these remotes just use a lot of juice.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
The remotes use a good bit of juice. I already had to replace my battery.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I have the same problem unlocking and locking. I can be standing right next to it and hit the button 3-4 times and it won't unlock. I bought it new last June and the clicker is already dying. I have the xl so there shouldn't be anything to pull power on my keys except lock/unlock.

They say the little things are what people really notice and this truck is severely lacking in the little things. It's on my list to have checked when I find time to take the truck in.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Factory remote ain't worth a flip

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
I've used three batteries in a year. They are thirsty for juice! A good battery will start mine on the driveway from the basement of the house. Sure loved mine when it was 15 below outside!

·
Registered
76 Posts
I installed the bi directional 100 series... works great so far, from my office over 100 yards away, easy install. Love it.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have the 200 series remote start. I've noticed that u have to hold the button longer than any other remote start I've had before. I've assumed that this would seriously hurt the battery's longevity.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Mine is still set at the 2 press to start setting... was going to change it to 1, maybe not if they take too long though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts