F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was a new Platinum White Lariat 4x4 F-350 crew cab diesel. Needless to say size matters in this case. The truck is larger and so is the powertrain. However the ride did not vary that great from that of my 2013 FX4. More surprising was that the power seemed to come on pretty equal under acceleration. It pulled strong and smooth. You could feel the reactions of the turbos as they spooled up. Shifting was smooth as a pigs snout.

Diesels have come along way, as has the V-6 once twin turbos have been added.

I may go back and test drive another F350 in 2 wheel drive since to be honest I don't really have a need for the 4x4 any more. And for those time Texas weather does bring snow and ice we do have the wifes SHO with AWD.

We are looking at downsizing our RV and cant decide between a travel trailer or a 5th wheel. My FX4 tops out rated at towing 9,600 pounds. A 6.2 V8 would net me another 1,000 +or- on a F250/350 where as the F350 diesel offers a 22,000 tow rating.

If I do trade up in truck so that we can trade down in RV I will be pulling off some of the aftermarket items I have on the FX4 to recoup part of my cost IE: AirLift air bags, AFE Scorcher, Ford hard folding tonneau, Husky mats and mud flaps. Yea, I'm that cheap!!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
The 6.7 is not a twin turbo on any way. It is a single turbo with dual wheels all in one housing. With that said, they run great and get great mpg.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Ok, I see why you are selling your parts now. I posted on your other thread asking why you would ditch your EB. Yes, the larger the truck, the larger the tow capacity.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts