F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2013 race red SCrew 4x4 air lift bags
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found the source of the noises when in 2wd, crappy dorman iwe. So this is going to be returned and put motorcraft on. It's only a couple of months old too,

Now trying to get the sloppy carquest axle out...it's not coming out!!! Anyone with tips on how to pop the driver's side axle out, I'm all ears.

Follow me for more aftermarket part hate.

Eye Automotive tire Road surface Grey Asphalt
Automotive tire Tire Asphalt Paint Rim

·
Registered
2013 race red SCrew 4x4 air lift bags
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My Dorman IWE's, Dorman deletes and Ford OEM ones all had "WARN" stamped on them. As in WARN Hubs, whish is a very common and popular brand.
Ohh yeah. I saw it and couldn't believe it. Ford is pretty proudly of their stuff, considering it costs $40 more than a dorman, I mean warn automotive, one and dorman offers a lifetime (Ford is 2 years).

Just when I decided it's time to pony up cash for nicer parts, finding out they're all the same kind of pisses me off. I blame China.

·
Premium Member
4,762 Posts
Ohh yeah. I saw it and couldn't believe it. Ford is pretty proudly of their stuff, considering it costs $40 more than a dorman, I mean warn automotive, one and dorman offers a lifetime (Ford is 2 years).

Just when I decided it's time to pony up cash for nicer parts, finding out they're all the same kind of pisses me off. I blame China.
It's a more common practice than most folks know. Dorman does make some stuff that's crap, but in many cases they source from the same places as OEM's do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts