F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I turned over 1,000 miles today (took one week to the day) which means it is time to start towing. First thing tomorrow I am taking my dump trailer with a dry weight of 3,950 lbs to work and then picking up my 20' deck over to take to another job site. I'm pretty excited to see how it tows. I hooked up the trailer tonight so in the morning I can head on out. It was very easy to hook up to it using the backup camera, even though it was already completely dark. Played a little bit with the integrated brake control which seems to be a great little unit especially compared to the aftermarket unit in my F-250.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Sweet! Let us know how it goes and your thoughts! Good luck!

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It towed even better than I expected. Like many, I was doubtful it would tow as well as Ford claims it does. Even though my F-250 is a '95, I still thought it was probably a better tow vehicle than my new truck. I was wrong. First off, the brake controller is awesome. I like how it actually modulates the brakes. I never put the transmission into tow/haul mode until the very end because I forgot I even had it, so I can't comment on that yet. The power was great. I only passed a couple times, but it had way more power than I needed. It was very stable. On the way back, there was a gust of wind that started swaying the trailer back and forth and the sway control really helped. The best part was, I got just over 13 MPG which was at least 3 MPG more than I would have got from the '95 while being WAY more comfortable and easy to drive.

And I can't forget about hitching to the trailer... much easier with the backup camera!

·
Registered
589 Posts
Sweet! I feel the same with the backup camera simply epic!

·
Registered
13,026 Posts
I can't wait to tow this summer !

Sent from my silver iPad Air 1 in a http://www.red.org/en/ smart case using an app called Tapatalky

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Isn't necrophilia illegal in Canada too?

Inaugural .net Sponsored NASCAR league winner.

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
I can't wait to tow this summer !

Sent from my silver iPad Air 1 in a http://www.red.org/en/ smart case using an app called Tapatalky
Do you make it a personal mission to resurrect two year old threads?

- Everything sounds better with Emmylou -

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Hahaha!

·
Administrator
7,736 Posts
Do you make it a personal mission to resurrect two year old threads?

My guess is he was sucking on Grandpa's cough syrup last night.

·
Registered
13,026 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
What?? We can tow with these little 6 cylinder trucks?? :)

Mitch

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Lol ... When I first started reading yesterday, I thought maybe I missed where Raider got a new 2015.

2Canches signature move

·
Registered
13,026 Posts
So I turned over 1,000 miles today (took one week to the day) which means it is time to start towing. First thing tomorrow I am taking my dump trailer with a dry weight of 3,950 lbs to work and then picking up my 20' deck over to take to another job site. I'm pretty excited to see how it tows. I hooked up the trailer tonight so in the morning I can head on out. It was very easy to hook up to it using the backup camera, even though it was already completely dark. Played a little bit with the integrated brake control which seems to be a great little unit especially compared to the aftermarket unit in my F-250.
Do you still drive around in tow/haul mode in 3rd gear locked out ?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
9 Participants
2Canches
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing