F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 f150 and I had a leaking vacuum pump. Tried to replace it myself and as I was aligning the part on the motor the brass tube part fell off. I then felt around for it and it fell down into the bottom of the hole where the vacuum pump goes. I have pulled the valve cover and the oil pan assembly trying to find it and can't. Any other suggestions?

· Registered
13 FX2 SCREW
233 Posts
I believe the general consensus was that the brass pin falls into a spot where it can't fit through no matter how it falls in.

Now, would I run it like that.? Well I wouldn't like to, but I don't think anyone has documented how to remove the pin, and I imagine it's close to impossible with the engine in the truck.

· Registered
7 Posts
I have a 2013 f150 and I had a leaking vacuum pump. Tried to replace it myself and as I was aligning the part on the motor the brass tube part fell off. I then felt around for it and it fell down into the bottom of the hole where the vacuum pump goes. I have pulled the valve cover and the oil pan assembly trying to find it and can't. Any other suggestions?
Just did the same thing What did you do?

· Registered
7 Posts
Im sitting here with same issue. Please reply with what you did. Im thinking about puting another vacuum pump on and going with it.

· Registered
23 Posts
Im sitting here with same issue. Please reply with what you did. Im thinking about puting another vacuum pump on and going with it.
Do you have an update? I am about to replace mine in the next week or two. I watched the videos and its seems pretty straight forward, but started reading threads and didnt know this would be an issue...but it seems no one has come up with a solution if this happens?

· Registered
7 Posts
Do you have an update? I am about to replace mine in the next week or two. I watched the videos and its seems pretty straight forward, but started reading threads and didnt know this would be an issue...but it seems no one has come up with a solution if this happens?
I had to just go with it. No issues yet. Talked to a few mechanics, without pulling that head would be impossible to find. That would be several thousand dollars. Since on back of motor they felt pretty good about letting it ride. There is a trick to rolling the pump so it slides in place. This prevents pin from being bent or coming off. If it does come off keep in mind a magnet won’t work.

· Registered
23 Posts
I had to just go with it. No issues yet. Talked to a few mechanics, without pulling that head would be impossible to find. That would be several thousand dollars. Since on back of motor they felt pretty good about letting it ride. There is a trick to rolling the pump so it slides in place. This prevents pin from being bent or coming off. If it does come off keep in mind a magnet won’t work.
Thanks. Like I said I watched videos and I wondered to myself how easy that pick-up tube would bend if not handled with care, but then I have watched several videos and it doesnt seem like anyone handles them with care and does the repair just fine.....However, Ive also found when working in anything myself, I'm not everyone else...anything that can happen, will! I just happen to be on this forum looking for something else and seen you posted on this subject recently. Then found others have had similar issues. Thanks for the reply! I have attached a picture of what I'm sure is the right side cylinder head. Not sure where the piece can go other than the backside of the head. I could be wrong, but I think the hole at the below vacuum pump is a head bolt hole. Not sure though.
Gas Engineering Auto part Font Automotive wheel system

1 - 10 of 10 Posts