Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
216 Posts
How can you tell it is HDPP?

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Those Rims and Goodyears, and that 6.5 Bed combined certainly lend evidence!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
216 Posts
I would think the seller would list it as being equipped with HDPP...an obvious selling point. The fact that he didn't do that just got me to thinking how one would tell.

Besides, people swap wheels and tires all the time...just look on this forum for the evidence.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
I would think the seller would list it as being equipped with HDPP...an obvious selling point. The fact that he didn't do that just got me to thinking how one would tell.

Besides, people swap wheels and tires all the time...just look on this forum for the evidence.
I didn't say it was a sure thing, but few folks would CHOOSE to swap for those Rims/tires. Combined with the much lower percentage of trucks with the 6.5 Bed AND those rims/tires......it would be a rare look-a-like for sure.

Being an 18 with leather though? I actually thought the Lariat trim was dropped for HDPP in the USA. But maybe it was 2019?

Lariat + FX4 does shave some off the potential Cargo Capacity though.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I'd sure like to see the window sticker...a rare one with hdpp and max tow don't show up very often, especially a Lariat FX4 with bench seat.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
I wanna see that yellow sticker. Cuz THAT'S the ONLY thing that verifies its a gem of gems.

2500lbs +?????

That's 1000lbs above the typical.

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wanna see that yellow sticker. Cuz THAT'S the ONLY thing that verifies its a gem of gems.

2500lbs +?????

That's 1000lbs above the typical.

I'd bet 2350.

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
From the other forum:

·
Administrator
10,244 Posts

A year or so ago, we had a guy in half ton haulers who'd purchased a largeish camper and had a 2.7 under the hood. He thought it was a 3.5...

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Lariat 4x4 SCREW HDPP
14 Posts
Easier to verify too if you have both stickers. L6 rear (3.73) + YYEE spring codes + big payload.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts