F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's start sharing logs so we all can learn and benefit from each other.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
uploadfromtaptalk1398215174747.jpg

This was a half throttle pull perf/race 93 r12. MPT said that the knock spike was ok like that because it dropped and held low. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Let's set some ground rules...
What should be posted?
Screenshots or csv files?
Are there certain pids that should be hidden to protect the tuners?
Should we post without saying who it belongs to?
Should we qualify by saying it's a work in progress?

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why do we need rules? What info needs protected? These are OUR trucks that we paid a lot of money for! We also pay a lot of money for these tunes! It's not like tuners can't anonymously buy tunes from each other to log themselves? Nothing is copywrited or anything.

Reactions: Marc1982

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Yes this needs to be thought out before just going ham....maybe Erik with LET can commit on what's good to post and what not.

We don't want to step on toes here.

I think this can be very beneficial if done right!

MPT tuned....Kings of the Street!

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Why do we need rules? What info needs protected? These are OUR trucks that we paid a lot of money for! We also pay a lot of money for these tunes! It's not like tuners can't anonymously buy tunes from each other to log themselves? Nothing is copywrited or anything.

I'm with you, but I want it to be fair and above board.

One rule could be how the time is graphed on the logs. We could make a knock spike look really long by stretching the time and vice versa.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think there's a **** load of knowledge on this forum. I would rather have the opinion of 10 knowledgeable people and "step on some toes" to confirm the well being of my $45k investment.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I think there's a **** load of knowledge on this forum. I would rather have the opinion of 10 knowledgeable people and "step on some toes" to confirm the well being of my $45k investment.

Fair enough. :)

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey guys, logs can be anonymous as well. Like someone post up some good logs vs bad logs for comparison. Maybe not just knock but other parameters on logs that are important and that can vary good or bad.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Also I think we need to help each other not bash another tuner or tune. These could help others further ask for what they want from a tune and notice things that weren't up to snuff.
Exactly! I want to know what to look for so I can make my tunes the best they can be.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I've never post a log, what's the best way to post the logs.....screen shots????

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've never post a log, what's the best way to post the logs.....screen shots????
I just took a picture of my laptop with my phone for the one I posted.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The best data is going to be the .csv file to view in excel. Viewing a graph with 10+ PIDS is bugs if you can't unselect some or highlight certain ones. Also, like others mentioned when the scaling is all jacked up or adjusted it can be very confusing. Excels docs aren't fun to look at, but they show you exactly what you want to know.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Ok good....I have three new tunes to load and I will try to data log them tomorrow......all three are from different tuners.....

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
You are able to show whatever PIDs you want to. I would suggest moving the PIDs you want to show onto the part of the list that can be seen from the screen shot so we can see what is being shown and also label the line colors in your post for everyone. Also, highlight something other than RPM, as I think that should be the easiest one to figure out.
I agree with Chad, lets keep this informative and not turn it into bashing. Maybe posting the tune without who the tuner is would be the best way to keep it civil.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts