F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 427 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking through old and new posts and thought it might be useful to put a lot of the info in one place.

Meth kit used. ( AEM, Alky, etc)
concentration. (50/50, 70/30, 100%)
Nozzle cfm.
Meth used. ( VP M5, Brand X washer fluid, etc)
who tuned for it.
results if you have any.
pics

Might be my next mod and looking at the setups out there.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Meth Kit........ALKY
Methanol.......VP
Nozzle...........10 gph
Mixture..........100%
Tunes.............MPT 93 performance rev 10 and 11 (11 not loaded yet)
LET Meth tune (not loaded yet)

Track test maybe this Thursday night

Attachments

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Meth kit- Devil's Own (they use a 300psi pump, biggest on the market)
concentration- 100% Meth
Nozzle- 10 GAL/H
Meth- VP M5
LET Tuned
Trapped 103MPH and 420WHP on stock turbos (yes, I have slips and dyno sheets, I don't expect you to take my word for it)
Kit is not currently on the truck because we have been testing a fueling system and I didn't want anyone to say that we were using Meth in addition to fuel. When I put the kit back on the truck, I will take some current pictures and update this thread.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I'm almost done re-engineering my kit so I can't give exact results yet but here are specs:

NOS Express meth injection kit

(1) 675 cfm injector and (1) 325 cfm injector both installed in AFE charge pipe

VP meth and I was running a 70/30 blend before the overhaul.

MPT track/race 93 octane tune.

The truck put down 415hp and 500tq on the dyno back in December with no meth and another tuner. It's definitely much stronger now and I will be trying for solid pass and new dyno pull soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Meth kit- Devil's Own (they use a 300psi pump, biggest on the market)
concentration- 100% Meth
Nozzle- 10 GAL/H
Meth- VP M5
LET Tuned
Trapped 103MPH and 420WHP on stock turbos (yes, I have slips and dyno sheets, I don't expect you to take my word for it)
Kit is not currently on the truck because we have been testing a fueling system and I didn't want anyone to say that we were using Meth in addition to fuel. When I put the kit back on the truck, I will take some current pictures and update this thread.
Nice! So this is tune and meth only in regards to those numbers, no other bolt on's

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm sure it's downpipe, intake, and probably IC. Normal supporting bolt ons but I'm sure he will chime in.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Finally wrapped up the second meth injector install. After the rain I'll load my MPT meth/track tune and see what she does.... ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397607055.155195.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397607068.303122.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397607082.487974.jpg

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Meth kit used. Unleashed (whatever that is), gonna swap over to a Devil's Own after I take care of something else first ;)
concentration. 100%
Nozzle cfm. 7 gph, upgrading to 10 gph soon
Meth used. VP is in the tank now, have 5 gal of it sitting in the garage that I bought at a fueling store
who tuned for it...Hasn't been, yet

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
After seeing all these kits with the fancy braided lines I might have to get some of them too. I like

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Meth kit used. Unleashed (whatever that is), gonna swap over to a Devil's Own after I take care of something else first ;)
concentration. 100%
Nozzle cfm. 7 gph, upgrading to 10 gph soon
Meth used. VP is in the tank now, have 5 gal of it sitting in the garage that I bought at a fueling store
who tuned for it...Hasn't been, yet

I like that part! :) I've read that riding in non meth injected vehicle and injected is night and day. And is a blast in the fun department.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Finally wrapped up the second meth injector install. After the rain I'll load my MPT meth/track tune and see what she does...

Very clean looking, I'm jealous!

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'm going to put my helmet and flame suit on for this buuuuuut, how exactly does meth injection work and what does it do exactly?

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I'm going to put my helmet and flame suit on for this buuuuuut, how exactly does meth injection work and what does it do exactly?
In a nutshell:
Taking advantage of its low boiling point, it absorbs heat thus cooling the intake air charge. Plus, it's also adding octane to the fuel charge.
Allows knock protection on an untuned setup, or extra boost and timing on a properly tuned setup.

1 - 20 of 427 Posts
About this Discussion
426 Replies
68 Participants
RMB_Ryan
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing