F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 162 Posts

·
Administrator
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is @milesej05 and most of y'all might know me as the .Net Legend.
I recently got my panties in a wad because I couldn't figure out some irritating issues with my modified 2013 FX4, so I traded it in for a 2018 Super Crew with the 2.7L baby boost. Man, this truck is awesome!
I'm not sure what my initial modifications will be or in what order I will tackle them, but I'll keep y'all updated on this official build thread. Happy reading.

(thread started by Clark because I am too lame to start my own. Thanks Clark for being such a stellar dude and always looking out for me! You are the best and I strive to be more like you....even though that's unobtainable. LOL)

·
Administrator
7,736 Posts
Thanks for the introduction. I can't disagree with anything you said. And I guess I'll post up a few pictures from Day one when I picked it up last friday.

I apologize for not responding to the other thread...as well as not having more picture yet.

Have already ordered Husky wheel well liners and a Gator tonneau cover. Next on the list is a bedliner and tint.

PS: The dealership mentioned I should cancel the ESP warranty on my old truck and I would get a refund...didn't realize that refund would be just a tad north of $500 dollars. SCORE!!!

·
Administrator
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
PS: The dealership mentioned I should cancel the ESP warranty on my old truck and I would get a refund...didn't realize that refund would be just a tad north of $500 dollars. SCORE!!!
With that $500 you should run out and buy a CAI. According to the manufacturers, those are guaranteed to provide 100-200 additional horsepower! ;)

·
Premium Member
3,181 Posts
With that $500 you should run out and buy a CAI. According to the manufacturers, those are guaranteed to provide 100-200 additional horsepower! ;)

·
Administrator
7,736 Posts
Which CAI comes with a sticker? I believe that adds an additional 50hp. I'll be pushing 600hp in no time!!

·
Administrator
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
4,430 Posts

·
Registered
4,430 Posts

·
Administrator
7,736 Posts
He's right, but I got everything I wanted in the truck other than Homelink and the 36 gallon tank. All the crap that my old truck had (sunroof, cooled seats, homelink, auto climate) are not worth the extra $6,000 to get a Lariat. The sport cloth in the new truck is nice and the Sync 3 system leaves NOTHING to be desired. So seamless.

I'm happy with the new truck...I just have to get a new garage door opener and I'll be content. The way mileage is currently, I'll be able to go about 80-100 miles less than my old truck with the 36 gallon tank.

·
Administrator
7,736 Posts
My next purchase is floor mats. There is a guy local who has the Weathertech mats for $80 dollars but I'm not sure how I like them. I know there were some complaints with the 09-14 model years, but I'm curious as to if they are the hard plastic liners or more like the heavy rubber ones that come from Ford?

These are my other two options for floor mats:
1) Ford All Weather floor mats (with extra protection) HL3Z-1613300-AA
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01DOBO1QU/?coliid=IYBVRSACAN3P9&colid=216RV7V1ESEI8&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

2) Husky X-act fit floor mats
https://www.rdpstore.com/p-10100-rdp-combo-husky-x-act-2015-f150-supercrew-cab-front-and-rear-full-coverage-mats.aspx
( @RDPStore any more discount you can get other than the current promo code?)

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Also the head lights. When i looked at a lariat at the dealer it didn't even have the LEDs (14> HID are better output) and it was around 60 grand i think.

How do you like the 2.7 vs 3.5

·
Administrator
9,503 Posts
My next purchase is floor mats. There is a guy local who has the Weathertech mats for $80 dollars but I'm not sure how I like them. I know there were some complaints with the 09-14 model years, but I'm curious as to if they are the hard plastic liners or more like the heavy rubber ones that come from Ford?

These are my other two options for floor mats:
1) Ford All Weather floor mats (with extra protection) HL3Z-1613300-AA
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01DOBO1QU/?coliid=IYBVRSACAN3P9&colid=216RV7V1ESEI8&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

2) Husky X-act fit floor mats
https://www.rdpstore.com/p-10100-rdp-combo-husky-x-act-2015-f150-supercrew-cab-front-and-rear-full-coverage-mats.aspx
( @RDPStore any more discount you can get other than the current promo code?)
The weather tech liners I have are sort of a hard plastic. I wouldn't really consider them slick, but they are a hard plastic. I like them very much, but I've never dealt with anything else.

Give Maxliner a serious look.

Baaaaaaaaaaa

·
Premium Member
4,524 Posts
I have no idea what I would do with more options! It's already a borderline fancypants truck.

Baaaaaaaaaaa
borderline with a CAPITAL B, Mr. fancypants.

(I better get something extra for the price of 2 XLT's)

I've openly stated that an XLT Sport 2.7 Crew with 302A is the best bargain in all of truckdom! There are now 2 family members and 4 coworkers who agreed with the proclamation to the extent that they now drive that package.

But I make sure every one of them, that now turn my own table on me and laughs at my much inferior economic transaction, KNOWS I got more buttons.

None of them are very impressed. Smart kids!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 162 Posts
About this Discussion
161 Replies
19 Participants
milesej05
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing