F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a really popular thread on one of my other forums, and thought it might be fun to do here. I love music of a variety of genres and this has helped me find new music to enjoy. The radio just doesn't cut it anymore for me most days. I'm sure plenty of you have the same feelings.

So post your favorite song, link to a video or SoundCloud or whatever can be shared for all to listen to.

NO JUDGEMENT ZONE HERE!!! We all have different taste. If you dont like it, move along!

I'll start it off with one of my favorite bands that most have never heard of. I dont care about the music video, I just want the music. The girls dancing did make me lol though.

Eidola - Tetelestai

For those interested, Eidola is by far one of my top favorite bands and if you like this song, you probably will really enjoy most of their earlier stuff. I'd recommend checking out the Degeneraterra album. By far one I listen to all the way through over and over on MAX volume.

·
Administrator
4,074 Posts
OH MY GOSH!!!! What did you just do Boostking???? Now @mwemaxxowner is going to come on here and post his AWOL Nation nonsense!!!!!!

Just kidding. I like the thread because I LOVE music. :)

edit: Mitchell already posted...... I may have to block this thread now. :(

·
Administrator
4,074 Posts
This is one of my favorite bands and this is one of my all-time favorite songs by them!

·
Registered
432 Posts
Well two of them ... a wide taste in music.

for rock days ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9ioyEvdggk , you can beat Zepplin's "Stairway to Heaven"

and this hopefully wont cross the line ... religious song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0wpP5o7xpI, Battistelli's "The Break up Song"

There are so many more ... but these two are probably on the favorites list right now.

·
Administrator
9,695 Posts
OH MY GOSH!!!! What did you just do Boostking???? Now @mwemaxxowner is going to come on here and post his AWOL Nation nonsense!!!!!!

Just kidding. I like the thread because I LOVE music. :)

edit: Mitchell already posted...... I may have to block this thread now. :(
YOU WANNA FIGHT EH??

Another favorite song in the interest of staying on topic. Haha

Baaaaaaaaaaa

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
I was tooling down the highway several years ago, flipping through FM stations and a came across a catchy tune. I hit Shazam to see what the song was called. It was Miley Cyrus' "Wrecking Ball" song. I screamed in horror, threw my phone in the floor and changed the station. Then I looked around to see if anyone might've seen me listening to Miley Cyrus but I was safe...

Not long after that, this chick I dated briefly told me that was her theme song for our relationship, that she came in like a wrecking ball and ruined a good thing. Whatever works for you, honey.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
I've been listening to more and more Christian music lately but my roots were always Country. This one really struck a chord with me:

It's got a good beat but the overall message hits home. I was married for 11 years, cheated on and now I'm married to the woman I should've met the first time around.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
NO JUDGEMENT ZONE HERE!!! We all have different taste. If you dont like it, move along!

That's good, because I'm strange when it comes to music.
I grew up in the 80's so 80's music stuck to me. From New Wave to Metal, it's all good.
My favorite is a lesser known Australian band "The Church. Not to be confused with "Metal Church" or any other relation to a religion. They had a top 100 hit back in 1988 with "Under the Milky way". It reached #24 in the US from their 5th album "Starfish".
After buying that CD I soon collected all previous albums and any future albums aswell. They have 25 studio albums from 1980 to now. My iPod has over 300 of their songs. For me it is more about the music and not the vocals. In my opinion the lead guitarist, Marty Wilson-Piper is one of the best around. Unfortunately as of 2013 he is no longer with the band and was replaced by Ian Haug from Powderfinger.

The sound is a bit melancholy to some.

Under the Milky way.

"Reptile" the opening guitar is my favorite.

More current from 2017

https://www.youtube.com/user/therealchurchband

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Another favorite 80's band Depeche Mode.
Take a look at this one from the yearly 80's The lead signer David Gahan looks so young and innocent.

Fast forward a decade or so, this is what drugs can do to someone. Yes that is the same lead singer. He got himself cleaned up and still is making great stuff. I even liked the music from his dark times.

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Already loving this thread and found a couple great songs. And even a few old ones I forgot all about!!! Keep them coming. I'll contribute some more favorites tomorrow.

·
Administrator
9,695 Posts
Here are a couple more favorites. I was pretty much raised on 80s music (rock, hair bands, etc) and classic country. I love all genres more or less,but those two are where most of my faves fall.

Baaaaaaaaaaa

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Here’s a humorous cover of Disturbed’s cover of Simon and Garfunkel’s Sound of Silence. These guys are pretty funny here but also have some talent. Drewsif really can play that 8 string guitar.

Guess I ought to put up Disturbed’s cover to compare it to.

·
Administrator
4,074 Posts
Here's another one that I have been WEARING OUT with the volume turned way up, in my truck!
These guys are a Swedish rock band and amazing.

·
Administrator
4,074 Posts
And another by one of my new found favorite songs/bands (even though they've been around for a little bit).

·
Administrator
4,074 Posts
And my wife pointed me to this one. Saliva....doing an Eminem cover. Total wizardry. ;)

1 - 20 of 124 Posts