F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

41 - 60 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Blue October.
I like their older stuff more, like this one.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
One hit wonder from the 80s. Camouflage - The Great Commandment.

They do have a few albums made in the 2000's and they sound great too.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
The ocean blue - a familiar face. Yep you got it more 80's crap. But I like it. This band is kinda a surfer punk band.

The song starts out soft. Might have to turn up the volume.

·
Registered
580 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts

·
Administrator
4,074 Posts
Here's a couple from, yet another, favorite band of mine- Memory of a Melody

·
Administrator
4,074 Posts
And this video from 3 Days Grace. I love the song and the original band, but this video is too cool!

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Here's another one that I have been WEARING OUT with the volume turned way up, in my truck!
These guys are a Swedish rock band and amazing.

I tend to get a headache when I crank my stereo too high in the truck. I think this one might be worth a headache.

·
Administrator
4,074 Posts
I tend to get a headache when I crank my stereo too high in the truck. I think this one might be worth a headache.
I know! It rocks, huh?
If you like that one, then crank this one too! ;)

·
Premium Member
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
I've always been a huge fan of Brand New

Brand New - The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows

And some other random stuff I like.

Chet Faker - Talk Is Cheap

Chet Faker - Cigarettes and Chocolate

Miike Snow - Genghis Khan

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Serious question as someone that's only ever listened to FM radio:

Where do you guys find these bands that don't get played on any mainstream FM radio stations? At least none of the stations I've ever listened to. And I live in a huge metropolis with a lot of FM stations.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Serious question as someone that's only ever listened to FM radio:

Where do you guys find these bands that don't get played on any mainstream FM radio stations? At least none of the stations I've ever listened to. And I live in a huge metropolis with a lot of FM stations.
Funny you mention this, as I typically do not list the FM. Seems to me they only play the music they think you want. College radio, XM, YouTube are where you will finds the gems in the rough.

·
Premium Member
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
There used to be this really cool music subreddit page, and someone had created a website that was called the "listentothis" page. Basically users would submit all sorts of non-mainstream music to the main subreddit, and this "machine" would play them much like pandora, and you could like and save playlist. It was awesome. Lots of skips, but then you would just find some awesome stuff.

This is where I used to find a lot of random music. That has since passed after the creator went off the deep end.

Now, I find a lot of music in different television shows, and through the rabbit hole of Youtube or Pandora by just letting it randomly keep going and trying out new stations. I also follow a few other forums with threads like these.

I cannot stand FM radio these days. Hence why I started this thread. To find more music!

·
Registered
578 Posts
Spotify radio and satellite radio help. Especially for genres like metal that have zero presence in the mainstream. Youtubes not terrible but screw all their ads. I would say spotify does the best job recommending stuff based on the album i just listened to.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
I shaved my FM antenna when the truck was repainted so I'm looking for a new source(s) of music. Seems spotify is a good place to start (chatted with Clark - Elmore - about this a couple of days ago). I've never been a big fan of satellite radio (listening when riding with someone else) but maybe I need to give it a serious try.

41 - 60 of 124 Posts