F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 409 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is protect anyone or future customers.
I left SSI because of how the business was being ran and I was offered a new job to take care of my family. All the money that has been taken in at the SSI Store was going directly to [email protected]. Shawn may say that I was taking money from customers orders I was not. I have proof.
Also the bell intercooler money is gone and that money went to Shawn at [email protected] I have been working trying to get the bell complete for the customers and kept having a leaking issue around the charge pipe. But the money was not in the account that Shawn has control of. No one will be getting a bell intercooler because the orders can not be paid for.
Any money that has been taken in on the ssi forum and the ssi website has gone to [email protected] Shawns personal paypal account.
He opened up a new account for SSI that he has started using. That is [email protected] that I have no control over either.
Blown motors yes SSI has blown motors 3 last week and a total of 6. And yes Ecofx data log above 70 mph afr hit 14-15. Found out about it 2 weeks after that happened cbvet found the afr problem.
This is to show current and future customers what the real ssi is. I do not want to be apart of a company like that anymore. I need to move on but I want everyone to be informed about what is going on.
Nothing personal but I felt I could no longer stand by and watch what was transpiring.

·
Registered
346 Posts
In my experience with SSI, you were the only person that treated me decently.

Best of luck to you!

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
256 Posts
This took a lot of courage knowing what is now coming his way. Numbers don't lie. You have posted evidence supporting your argument and stance. No defamation or childish remarks just facts and evidence to dispute claims.

You posted what most were thinking in their heads.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Right or wrong (not picking sides) this is going to get messy...

Boost safe Boost hard eH

Reactions: scap99

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
#sadforpayingcustomers

Sent from my white iPad3 in a RED smart case using an app called Tapatalk

·
Registered
182 Posts
I'll go with Raiderfan----don't want to know anything more. Good luck in whatever you do.

I would caution against the personal info post...that might get more than ugly.

On a lighter note, you need to charge your phone!!!!

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I was also experiencing the same lean conditions as Chad at 70+ WOT with the T5BM along with detonation that happened under completely normal logging parameters. His truck and mine react very similar to tunes and while I would say the VR tune has cured a lot of what was happening, I still have some anomalous things happening that concern me and honestly I just don't feel right with the thought that some of the safety features built into the ECU may be being bypassed for the sake of all out power. My SSI tune when driving in town and when cruising the interstate is in a knock situation more often than not. All my other tunes may see some here and there but for 98% of the time they are at 0 or negative values.

Reactions: Ecofx86

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Eco if you're going to keep posting screen shots of an excel spread sheet maybe you should add headers to the columns. That way it spells out which column is which in case someone not familiar with logs is trying to decipher what all that info is

Reactions: Raiderfan1890

·
Registered
929 Posts
This may be a dumb question, but if you are not getting enough fuel, and timing isn't being pulled, wouldn't you feel some stumble in the engine?

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
It did the weekend before. . Anything after 75 mph the truck wasn't pulling. I called him told him that the weekend it happen...He said we work on it The Monday. Spent from 10 am to 12 pm working on fixing it. . ... Last tune was good to go he said.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
929 Posts
Did you notice a difference in feel after everything was said to be "good to go"? I gotta believe there would have to be SOME sign that it was running far too lean. Extreme power loss, pinging under hood, anything?

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
I only data logged to like 79 ish than left off. . Hard to feel it. I didn't hear any thing.

·
Registered
929 Posts
I see. If I got this right: under "normal" throttle above 75mph had constant knock running too lean? Anything below 75mph "normal" driving, everything ran good, and numbers looked good? WOT runs seemed to run with good knock count also?

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Knock starts at 4100 ish 2.998

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
This is what I will say about my whole experience with Shawn, when it came to my tunes, in the beginning I got numerous versions that were not for my strategy because he was rushing things. There were a few times he said he was surprised my truck even ran. Now I know back then he was being compared to Torrie for response time and what not but NEVER ONCE has Torrie sent me a file that was not correct for my truck.

Shawn's never been able to get my truck to hold boost, I spike and then taper way off to 15-16lbs, until the latest versions and the TB and AFE charge pipe helped settle a lot of the crazy boost variation on T4. I was holding at 17ish MOST of the time. If I were to slightly let off the throttle on a WOT run boost would pick back up and hold, nail it and it would taper back off.

After I got the VR version of the tune, I get an email one morning a few days after that says my tune was missing something with a new version attached and sorry if he was a prick last night on the forum. I didn't see anything referring to me from the previous night so I emailed him, said it was the wrong Justin. So my next question to him is, is this tune meant for me or not? No response. I think he rushes things and I think T5-T5BM was rushed and TRex and VR are mild revisions that help with some of the major issues but they still need refined.

I also think there are a lot of "sheep" over there and if Boosted had said he had ocean front property in AZ for sale some of those guys would have sent money. No offense Rodney, you just need to get into sales. I think you have that gift, lol

Reactions: SeTXathlete14

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
I will have to look when I get home. .off to work now

I know for sure on the Monday. .. The first 3 data logs were zero to sixty ish... bc he was working on getting afr corrected down low first.

1 - 20 of 409 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.