F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bear with me here...

I have a 1983 Porsche 911 SC, and I put this decal on the back window of my 2018 F150 (the one on the left). It doesn't really need explanation, it shows a 911, crank with 180 degree pistons representing a boxer engine, and the words, so it's pretty obvious what this decal set is referring to.

I also recently bought a used 2017 Shelby GT350 with the 5.2 Voodoo V8 that has a "flat" plane crank. For those of you that don't know, the Shelby GT350/R is the only American V8 muscle car that has a "flat" plane crank, the Camaro / Challenger / Charger / Corvette / Mustang GT / Viper / etc. don't have a "flat" plane crank. So I put a similar decal on the back window of my GT350, just like the one on the truck but without the 911 decal. A "flat" plane crank means the con rods are set at 180-degree intervals, instead of the usual 90-degree intervals that are common in cross-plane crank engines.

I posted that pic in a Shelby GT350 forum, and those guys just about lost their minds, lol! I told them I know perfectly well what it's referring to, but I'm using it as a play on words to talk about the "flat" plane crank in the Voodoo engine. There's probably a LOT of V8 muscle car owners that don't know the Shelby GT350/R is the only one that has a "flat" plane crank.

Anyway, am I being too clever for my own good?!

Decal_F150_20200112a.jpg Flat decal_20200107a.jpg

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
I love it. Let them cry.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I mean...you used three paragraphs and two pictures to explain it.

It's clever. I'd imagine 95% of the population won't get it and think you're a conspiracy theorist who likes cars. The boxer pic takes a second for the uninitiated.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the opinions folks...I'm going to leave it on, take it to some Cars & Coffee events, and try to park next to some other Mustangs, and see what happens, lol...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts