F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not really...

Hey! My name is Kenny and I'm new to this forum. I recently purchased a 2013 F150 Supercrew. I'm still awaiting its arrival. It is scheduled to arrive in approximately two weeks.

My plans for the truck is to modify it while retaining its reliability. I sold my 2001 7.3 Power Stroke to buy the Ecoboost. I am the occasional tower which typically consists of a car trailer that weighs ~3500 lbs. On the trailer is my 1991 Turbo Supra. It is fully built from front to back, top to bottom. Big turbo, big cams, machine work, water/meth injection, etc... I do all my own work, my own tuning, and have my own dyno in my garage.

I know this is not a Supra forum; but, I don't have much else to talk about till my truck arrives. ;)

I look forward to working with all of you and hope to meet some great people!

-Kenny

Pics of supra...

·
Registered
859 Posts
Wow, very nice Supra! Welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Welcome to the F150 Ecoboost forum! Them Supras are really bad a$$.

SPPD

·
Registered
588 Posts
Welcome! Good to see turbos all around lol! Nice job with the daily racer looking forward to seeing your EcoBeast!

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Nice ride! Can't wait to see what you do with the EcoBeast! Welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
151 Posts
Welcome Kenny. I noticed on a different thread you were asking me what my next mod would be... Now that I read a little about your experience I should ask you the same thing. What should my next mod be? In my opinion I think getting rid of those cats and replace with some low restriction down pipe. from what I have read that will help those little turbos spool up way earlier. Also massaging the turbos. make some internal changes like going from a 6 blade to a 7 and altering the pitch. what are your thoughts ? I would appreciate your opinion. Oh and nice Supra dude! A work mate and friend of mine has a 1000hp talon, he does everything himself too. I do my own mods on the most part too. Totally jelouis about the dyno bro!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks to all for the warm welcome and compliments on the Supra!

Cajun Kenny. Are you a Louisiana native? Welcome aboard and that is a very nice Supra.
Yes ma'am. You've got yourself a Chalmation here! Where you at?

Supra?? Is at one of them there 4in cars?? Hmmm?:cool:
Well, the cold side of the turbo has a 4 inch inlet. ;)

I'd love to see a video of that supra in action if you have one...
Here ya go...

Nice ride! Can't wait to see what you do with the EcoBeast! Welcome.
Thanks! From what I see, this little 3.5L has the makings to hold up pretty well. Six main cap bolts, windage tray, metal headgaskets, etc...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Welcome Kenny. I noticed on a different thread you were asking me what my next mod would be... Now that I read a little about your experience I should ask you the same thing. What should my next mod be? In my opinion I think getting rid of those cats and replace with some low restriction down pipe. from what I have read that will help those little turbos spool up way earlier. Also massaging the turbos. make some internal changes like going from a 6 blade to a 7 and altering the pitch. what are your thoughts ? I would appreciate your opinion. Oh and nice Supra dude! A work mate and friend of mine has a 1000hp talon, he does everything himself too. I do my own mods on the most part too. Totally jelouis about the dyno bro!
That's kind of a tough question to answer until mine arrives and I have a chance to look it over.

That said, a commonly overlooked area of consideration is safety. If you make it go, you gotta make it stop! When I first started heavily modifying my Supra, Brakes were low priority. I just wanted to go fast! Keep braking in mind. Next was a fire extinguisher!

Now that I've sounded like a mother hen... I'll say that, as you mentioned, removing the cats and installing a larger down pipe would be the next thing I would. That will increase exhaust flow and lower your EGT's. I haven't seen much mentioned in the way of EGT's around here yet (haven't dug deep enough); but, with the 10:1 Compression Ratio these engines have, that's going to be a concern. The direct injection helps; but, there are other variables that I need to sort out. Injector duty cycle for example...

If it were me, I'd wait until the turbo's need rebuilding to sort out blade count and pitch. A lot of times, for just a little more money ($100 per turbo) you can have a larger wheel installed.

A 1000hp Talon is impressive. With AWD and Launch Control, some of those things are hard to catch! I do catch em tho. ;D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts