F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

161 - 167 of 167 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
I don't think you understood what I was saying. I am talking about the physical location of the weight inside the trailer. If you have a very rear heavy trailer, it will tow a lot worse than one that's loaded from the axles toward the front. Put as much of your loaded weight as close to the front of the trailer as possible. This makes a big difference on long trailers.

If you did understand and I am confused, disregard this post.
I'm at around 13% tongue weight now and don't wont to go over that just because that it IS only a 1/2 ton' The Anderson instruction manual said: TIP: It’s better to keep the weight shifted towards the front of the trailer than the back...approximately 60% in the front and 40% in the back.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I’ve been looking at the 2250RK model also. I was not familiar with the brand but all read is positive.

3 months down the road are you both still happy with your trailers.
99% positive we'll be going with Grand Design for our next (and possibly last) trailer. Likely to be an Imagine 2970RL. 2250RK is a nice little package though!

There is negative out there as there is with pretty much any travel trailer brand.

·
Premium Member
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #163
Mr B and cajunfla

I’ve been looking at the 2250RK model also. I was not familiar with the brand but all read is positive.

welcome Don!! All RV manufacturer's have their ups and down but GD are minor compared to others. You need to step in them and make your own choice. GD has been around sense 2012 I believe, so fairly new but the owners haven't and decided to try to change the image of RV's

·
Registered
174 Posts
GD has been around sense 2012 I believe, so fairly new but the owners haven't and decided to try to change the image of RV's
They're owned by Winnebago now but customer service is still top notch. Help to join their Facebook group. There's a factory rep there that helps make things happen when problems happen.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Mr B and cajunfla

Due to other things happening in our life, we haven't been able to spend any more nights in our RV. The way things are happening, probably won't until after New Years.

·
Premium Member
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #167
They're owned by Winnebago now but customer service is still top notch. Help to join their Facebook group. There's a factory rep there that helps make things happen when problems happen.
three guys (80 years experience between them) started it then sold out in 2016 to Winnebago but one guy stayed (don) and now I think is vice president

161 - 167 of 167 Posts