F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So when I bought this truck I had the intentions of leaving it alone... we all know that never lasts long. Anyway I have been getting my oil changed at the dealership since its realy about the same price as doing it myself. But the other day I needed to get it done and I had my kid for the day so I didnt feel like having to entertain her while I waited for it so I just did it myself and left her in the truck watching a movie. Big mistake... ive seen pics of the stock exhaust but none of hem do it justice to seeing it in person. What a cluster of f'ed up crap that is. It hurts my head. So ive been thinking of fabing up my own both because I can and I want it to be very quiet.

Here is my portfolio... 538whp on93 octane 11 sec street driven focus.

Has anyone done 2.5"into 3" y-pipe? That should be quieter and have a better sound quality, especially at partial throttle, than dual 3 into 3 and there shouldn't be any power difference. A single 2.5" pipe has an area of 4.9" a single 3 is 7.06" so your restriction is still the single 3" tail pipe. its also been my experience thst a single 2.5" will be sufficent for anything under 300 whp, so 2.5" should be plenty for half of the 3.5 ecoboost.

For the exhaust I will probably use the stock tail section to save money and use a huge 30" magnaflow muffler. I want it as quiet as possible. Are most of you guys using flexpipes? I've seen them both ways. I'm even considering resonators in the dp.

Lastly, has anyone successfully gone catless without a tuner and not getting a cel? I know it can be done spacing the o2 off the pipe with restrictors and such I was just wondering if anyone had done it? I dont think anyone sells the plug and play eliminators anymore.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Loads of catted, catless, or resonated 3" downpipes available. I guess that's what you're asking.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I'm in the process of doing this. I'm pulling my MAK off, have a Solo on the way and I ordered a 24" Magnaflow muffler. Planning on doing a straight 3" from the Solo into the Mag and using the stock 3" to finish out the back. If its too loud I'll add a resonator.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Might was going to have a custom 3" to 4" ypipe made, kinda like a GTR, whenever fuel and bigger turbos were available. Just waiting.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Loads of catted, catless, or resonated 3" downpipes available. I guess that's what you're asking.
I was asking if anyone had done 2.5" dp merging into 3". It shouldn't be any power difference. I think it could even make more power than 3"down pipes into a single 3" exhaust.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts