F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Moderstrator
3,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I miss having front and side camera views.
I found a site (Camera Source) that provides a kit to add an OEM style front emblem camera and side cameras to mount under the mirrors. Wiring harnesses and such too. Their install instructions are skimpy but state "The side cameras will mount under your side mirrors, which will require complete removal and disassembly of your mirrors. These mirrors can be challenging to disassemble so professional installation is recommended for this kit."

Has anyone disassembled folding, memory, non-tow mirrors on a 2018 style truck? If so, are they really that difficult or challenging?

Reactions: Rhydon

· Moderstrator
3,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree with this. I've done this much and it wasn't difficult. Not sure how much further they want you to disassemble though.
I'm not too sure how far to disassemble either. I'll reach out to see if they can share more detailed installation sheet with me. I'm guessing the add on cameras need a small bracket to hang down from and wiring to snake through the mirror. I've watched a few mirror R&R videos and it is easy to take them off. I'll start looking at some of the glass replacement videos next.

· Moderstrator
3,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I called the vendor and they sent me the 43 page install instructions. Nicely written and looks like the mirror takedown steps are fairly straightforward and requires drilling a hole for the camera in the trim cover in the base section. Then pulling wires- I’m actually now more concerned about the door trim removal, new harness routing and lowering glove box on passenger side to pull the cables through…
At least now I know what all is involved.

I think I’m gonna table this project until I finish the other ones I have yet to start! I’ve almost got all those parts in hand.

· Premium Member
146 Posts
Love how active you are with your truck, Boatwaco. It's fun to watch you do things to your truck you wouldn't think about right away. DIY things left and right!

Reactions: Arkansas Eco

· Premium Member
2022 Powergrid KingRanch in Sparkle White
15,276 Posts
Love how active you are with your truck, Boatwaco. It's fun to watch you do things to your truck you wouldn't think about right away. DIY things left and right!
But but..... He just lured us in and then bailed. 😳😜

· Moderstrator
3,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Reactions: Rhydon

· Moderstrator
3,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

· Moderstrator
3,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I agree. I had 360^ camera set up on a Mercedes E class sedan back in 2014. That car could park itself and had the RADAR controlled cruise too. Was way ahead of its time. If it had a bed and could tow, I would still be driving that car.

· Premium Member
15,276 Posts
No, it was NOT ahead of its time.
The F150 is just late. :)

Better late than never, right?

I kinda like the idea that you can cruise down the road in a good Ole American Pick-up truck fully equipped with the features of a Luxury Class German Sedan.

See? It's just perspective. Lol

· Premium Member
15,276 Posts
A few pics of the camera images. Obviously it's clearer in life than a picture.

Plant Output device Vehicle Gadget Mode of transport

Full screen rear

Motor vehicle Plant Vehicle Output device Automotive mirror

This would be the trailer hitch view if I had a hitch hitched. :)

Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive mirror Plant

Bed view (Toolbox and bed mat are black)

Car Vehicle Plant Motor vehicle Automotive design

1 - 20 of 34 Posts