F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In three weeks the fair is coming and i was thinking about pulling it there. Any thoughts?/opinions? Thanks

2012 F150 EcoBoost Lariat

·
Registered
868 Posts
low range with E-lock engaged and a very grippy set of tires.
with the added weight of your huge bumpers it should pull pretty well

oh and we need some video posted here afterwards !

·
Registered
327 Posts
Definitely make sure that you get the tires for it and use low gears. Just gotta make sure that you have the grip to handle all the power from your EB.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea i got those toyo tires I'm gonna get mounted up before hand.. Any other advise??

·
Registered
868 Posts
i have never done it but i watched alot of pullin and the thing i see that works best with 4x4 trucks is try to match your tire speed to the sled travel speed.
dont overpower the track on start.
if you start out gung ho you dig up more dirt and add that to the front of the sled, not to mention your digging a hole you have to crawl out of to get a new bite.

once the sled starts to move and you get rollin all bets are off and you gotta get as much ground speed as you can.

the question that comes to my mind is do you wanna select shift and keep it in 2nd gear or 3rd gear, i would think if you let the trans decide when to shift between the traction control and the torque converter slipping you might loose to much momentum
i havent drug any trees with this truck yet so i dont know how it really handles dragging dead loads to be much help

when i see others pull good i cant tell if their was a gear change, it seems like they keep the same gear all the way through

·
Registered
868 Posts
OK yea i searched google and found a few you tubes of sled pullin
use low range and keep it in 2nd gear is what i am reading !

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok cool thanks for the advice

1 - 7 of 7 Posts