F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey All, I am giving a lot of thought to getting a new F-150. Just test drove a number of the F-150s over the weekend .. EB and V8. I've spent what feels like forever learning all of the differences between every version from trims, to options, engine types, cab sizes, etc. Being fully informed that I am now and having a family member with an FX4 and a buddy who just got rid of his Raptor --- I have zero'd in on the 2014 F-150 Limited + all available options as my truck of choice should I pull the trigger. The only options I've really seen added onto what's standard on the Limited is the all weather floor mats, pickup bed extender, and tailgate step. I think most of the dealers around here already do a spray in bed liner.

The MSRP on the vehicle is ~$55,000. However, the "bottom" price some of the dealers around here are coming out of the gate with is just north of $43,000. I always use a starting number like this a point to drop down from. It seems rebates may get better in the next few months too.. so perhaps even a lower starting number. Then of course we have the new redesigned 2015 F-150 coming out as well.. which I assume drops the value/price of the older cars a decent amount. I'm curious what folks on here have been able to pickup a Limited for recently and if you had any specific advice or knowledge that might be useful. I am not in a rush and can easily wait till June/July. I love to argue/negotiate so having a stomach for this is not going to be a problem. I just want to get a bottomed out price without wasting my time or going to high. I presume I can buy the truck somewhere in the high 30's. It's only a < $4k drop from the current offered price to get there.

Anyone have any recent negotiating experience with this vehicle? Can you share the price you got if it was less and how long ago? Also, with Ford is there anything else they typically throw in if you ask to sweeten the pot? E.g. free oil changes for life, a bed cover + lock, etc?

Thanks in advance! Look forward to joining the F-150 family soon.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I don't know man...43K is a lot off the sticker. They aren't desperate enough to give them away. I think the 2013's were averaging 10-12 off sticker but that was a model year clearance. If you can get this truck for 43K then you are doing pretty well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know man...43K is a lot off the sticker. They aren't desperate enough to give them away. I think the 2013's were averaging 10-12 off sticker but that was a model year clearance. If you can get this truck for 43K then you are doing pretty well.
Yea but this is their starting offer. I can go to the dealerships' website and see the 43k price with them listing $54,900 as MSRP for the truck. This isn't a we talked for a while and negotiated price. I can't imagine they can't/won't come down from that number.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm waiting for the 2015s. Too many new goodies.
Seems pretty cool but it seems like I can get a ton of good stuff in a 2014 and get it probably a good deal cheaper than the 15. Looking for a good deal here.. and sometimes major redesign and needing to move vehicles is the perfect storm I suppose.

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Plus the 15 is ugly imo

Certified Internet Warrior. I once ctrl alt del'd a man to death.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
The price they are giving you is with all the Ford incentives... after that you're cutting into their margins. Dealers are competitive and most know about what the others in the area will do for margins, so you're already pretty close to their bottom line offer. If you really want to haggle over a few hundred bucks, go for it, but it's usually not worth your time when they are already doing closeout pricing on the current models. If 2015's were sitting on the lot and you're talking a year from now, then yeah, the dealer may cut you a VERY good deal, but you're not going to get that right now.

Reactions: Raiderfan1890

·
Registered
136 Posts
The price they are giving you is with all the Ford incentives... after that you're cutting into their margins. Dealers are competitive and most know about what the others in the area will do for margins, so you're already pretty close to their bottom line offer. If you really want to haggle over a few hundred bucks, go for it, but it's usually not worth your time when they are already doing closeout pricing on the current models. If 2015's were sitting on the lot and you're talking a year from now, then yeah, the dealer may cut you a VERY good deal, but you're not going to get that right now.
I agree 100%! The other kicker is that $1750 of that rebate says that you will finance with Ford at a very high rate that ensures they make that rebate back. I didn't take that rebate so I could use my bank.

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
I agree 100%! The other kicker is that $1750 of that rebate says that you will finance with Ford at a very high rate that ensures they make that rebate back. I didn't take that rebate so I could use my bank.
You could just refinance a day later

Certified Internet Warrior. I once ctrl alt del'd a man to death.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I bought used, but I would have taken that offer. You just finance with Ford and pay off the balance immediately with the loan you secured from the other bank.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Not good on a credit report though.
The only thing you'll get is the hard credit hit from Ford (a couple points) -- if you have accounts with good standing at the bank you use (like USAA) they wont even run a hard hit to secure financing since they are running constant soft hits in the course of recommending you the loan you'd be securing with them anyways.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you can get a 2014 Limited for that price take it! I jsut bought a 2013 left over Limited on Monday and had to dicker down to $42600 in Black plus tags tags fees etc. and the 2014 has $2K les in Rebates than the 2013 Go for it!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey All, I am giving a lot of thought to getting a new F-150. Just test drove a number of the F-150s over the weekend .. EB and V8. I've spent what feels like forever learning all of the differences between every version from trims, to options, engine types, cab sizes, etc. Being fully informed that I am now and having a family member with an FX4 and a buddy who just got rid of his Raptor --- I have zero'd in on the 2014 F-150 Limited + all available options as my truck of choice should I pull the trigger. The only options I've really seen added onto what's standard on the Limited is the all weather floor mats, pickup bed extender, and tailgate step. I think most of the dealers around here already do a spray in bed liner. The MSRP on the vehicle is ~$55,000. However, the "bottom" price some of the dealers around here are coming out of the gate with is just north of $43,000. I always use a starting number like this a point to drop down from. It seems rebates may get better in the next few months too.. so perhaps even a lower starting number. Then of course we have the new redesigned 2015 F-150 coming out as well.. which I assume drops the value/price of the older cars a decent amount. I'm curious what folks on here have been able to pickup a Limited for recently and if you had any specific advice or knowledge that might be useful. I am not in a rush and can easily wait till June/July. I love to argue/negotiate so having a stomach for this is not going to be a problem. I just want to get a bottomed out price without wasting my time or going to high. I presume I can buy the truck somewhere in the high 30's. It's only a < $4k drop from the current offered price to get there. Anyone have any recent negotiating experience with this vehicle? Can you share the price you got if it was less and how long ago? Also, with Ford is there anything else they typically throw in if you ask to sweeten the pot? E.g. free oil changes for life, a bed cover + lock, etc? Thanks in advance! Look forward to joining the F-150 family soon.

Please let us know the dealer and the location. I would love to take advantage of a deal like that, I'm in the market for a new one.

·
Registered
18 Posts
That price sounds good. Where you are located in the US also matters. I just inked a deal on a 2014 Lariat with a MSRP of $47k for $40k before T & L. The inventory in SOCAL for the Lariat is pretty limited right now. Don't know why. I am not taking the zero % Ford financing. My bank or my credit union cant come near zero %.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I agree on the "bottom dollar sticker" already INCLUDING ALL available rebates... I found my truck advertised as "$31,000" on the dealers website.. I get there and come to find out that's the price after ALL rebates.. I qualified for all of them except for the military and using Ford Credit ones (I used my credit union to finance with). I got the $1500 trade in rebate and whatever the others where to make up $5000 total for rebates.

The sticker price on my truck was $43,000. We started the vehicle price at $38,000 and took the rebates off from that. Mine is a 2013 that I bought on the last day of January 2014. So, after rebates it ended up being $33,000...

If you have any intentions of towing or hauling a lot of weight with your F150, you better pay attention to the door jamb stickers for the trucks GVWR and payload ratings.... I've seen fully loaded F150's only have #850 of PAYLOAD!!

Anyway, have fun with the negotiations... Like was said, they aren't going to give them away just because they have the next model year rigs on the lot.... My dealer had dozens of 14's on the lot and they were several thousand dollars more than my 2013 with LESS options.. I didn't even look at the 14's..

Anyway, that's my only experience with it, since this is my first brand new vehicle I've ever bought and I'm 50 freaking years old!! :)

I felt I got a good deal and am totally happy with my deal... You just gotta do what you gotta do and if it's a deal you can live with, that's all that matters..

Good luck!

Mitch

·
Registered
1 Posts
You guys are getting much better deals than I ma able to find here in Los Angeles. I am looking to lease a loaded 2014 FX2. Sticker of around $52k. The most am I being offered in discounts is around 5k. I am also being true that many of the rebates don't apply to leasing. Is this true? Any advice or dealers in the LA area that anybody would like to recommend would be most appreciated. Thanks!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts