Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ladies and Gentlemen of the Forum.

My email is becoming clogged with reported post messages. I have up to now taken time to investigate every one as I take my role as Moderator very seriously. I saw need for action on some, others left me scratching my head as to why they were reported other than a simple difference of opinion. Those were left to ride.

However, due to the increased volume of reports and their nature I have to state some opinions and lay out a suggested plan for a course of action in response to the trend.

I joined this forum because it was started to provide a source of information to those of us who enjoy and want to have fun with our Ecoboost powered F150 Trucks. In addition it was a source of info sharing on common problems and issues. Up until recently it was civil and helpful with very rare exception. With the actions of a few individuals it has now become in my humble opinion, headed in the same deadly direction as Yellow Bullet, a forum I left a couple of years ago because the inmates took over the asylum.

While currently it is a very vocal minority causing this, the time has come, again in my humble opinion, to pull the weeds and let the good stuff grow.

Now, let me qualify for you. I’ve run a bunch of laps around the racetrack both figuratively and literally. Working with officials and participants in organizations from ADRL to NASCAR has allowed me to see what works and doesn’t in a lot of venues. As a Tech Rep for a very high rated instrumentation and data acquisition company I saw hard core race teams try different stuff time after time, some with success, some without. I saw others try the same thing that failed miserably with one meet with astounding success in their different combination. The point of this is simple, engine and vehicle modifications are a trial and error process. In my own racing program I tested many ideas and combinations. Range of success was from disaster to victory lane. As a competitor in PRO, NMCA and NSCA I found myself a participant in 4 national event final rounds with two resulting in victory. While running an abbreviated schedule my efforts and success resulted in finishing 6[SUP]th[/SUP] overall in class at the national points level two years in a row. Yes, guys, I’ve been around.

This is not to brag on myself but only to demonstrate that I speak from experience. Experience gathered over time from observation, listening, being creative and testing.

The point of all this is to remind and/or state plainly that feuds over tunes, components, oil, and other parts used to modify a stock vehicle for performance purposes have no place here. If you encounter a problem with someone or someone’s company take it face to face! Hiding behind your keyboard is a coward’s way out. If you’ve been mistreated as bad as some of the reported posts claim, get a lawyer. If you don’t have the stones to assume the risk in modifying your vehicle, don’t buy the product. Personal attacks, trolling, innuendo, foul language and the associated BS occurring on this forum as of late have no place here.

Stating an opinion on a product or service is like voting. Casting a vote is a positive action. Endorsing a product is like casting a vote for a candidate. If someone asks about a product and the response is nil, well, guess what? Can't be much of a product! In the same vein, if a bunch of glowing responses show up from infrequent participants a trend will appear and the trolls will be identified. Simple solution? Just keep it factual and real!

I use my real name on this site. Obviously I’m not afraid of a good discussion.

Based on this experience, I am going to clean out my email.

I will give this a week before dropping the hammer.

Unless Dan directs me otherwise, the method to accomplish this end is as follows.

One report: Warning on thread via reply.
Second report: Close thread.
Third report: Delete thread
Posting with name calling, profanity and posts with personal attacks will be deleted on sight reported or not.

Dan, please respond and/or contact me with your guidelines and thoughts on this as well.

Those involved in this know who they are. The wise will take heed and take the BS somewhere else. The unwise may just find themselves on the outside looking in.

To the rest of us who enjoy life here, let’s keep having fun, pass on information, common issues and solutions, enjoy these fantastic trucks and the lifestyle that goes along with it!
Sincerely,
Mike

·
Registered
448 Posts
I'm new here and that's the best thing I've read I know where you comin from cause I've seen the same thing on a few forums. I'm glad to see a mod that will stand up and do there best to keep a forum together rather than join in on the bull crap

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
If they did, Scapp would had me banned a month before I joined ;)

Sent from my white iPad3 in a RED smart case using an app called Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Thanks mike. I know I needed to take a breather because I kept letting myself get dragged into it. Thanks for the reminder ;)

·
Registered
80 Posts
I say Thank You. This is a great place to come and learn about our trucks and info on the upgrades. I understand the time and effort it takes to be a mod. I did it on octane and on Michigan mustang .

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, everyone for the support. was a tough decision to post this this morning but saw it had to be done.

Yes, you can be banned. Check out the rules section in my first reply. Its stated in there. Spammers are banned off the bat and several have met their fate here!

Again, Thank you!

·
Registered
943 Posts
Thanks Mike. I hope we are successfull in weeding out the trouble makers.

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
Well stated Mike. The tuning wars got severely out of hand for a while and are still a sensitive topic to many people.

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
That could be an understatement ^^

·
Registered
216 Posts
Just a suggestion, but why not make a sub-forum for tune related discussion; and that be the ONLY place aside from vendor forums that tune related discussion is acceptable. That topic seems to be the route of all evil here and putting it all in one spot would certainly make it easier to keep track of. It'll also make it easier for people like me and many others I'm sure, that have no interest in the kiddie games, to avoid it and stick to the contributing content.

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
Just a suggestion, but why not make a sub-forum for tune related discussion; and that be the ONLY place aside from vendor forums that tune related discussion is acceptable. That topic seems to be the route of all evil here and putting it all in one spot would certainly make it easier to keep track of. It'll also make it easier for people like me and many others I'm sure, that have no interest in the kiddie games, to avoid it and stick to the contributing content.
If it's allowed at all it will explode into other threads

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
As a new guy to the forum and this truck, but have been on different forums for many years. this forum is hard to read/research what tunes are avaiable and best fit your needs on here. I just made my choice for tuning, but I had to read through pages and pages of BS to find good details. I also had to PM knowleadgeable guys to get straight answers or opinions because of the tune bashing/wars on the open forums. While some of it is helpful, most isn't. Perfect example, another new guy asked a question on a thread I started, his question got completely bypassed. So him and I have been talking details through PM. But that doesn't help the next new guy looking for info. Just my .02 coming from a new guy that uses these forums to learn and understand whats what on these trucks.

·
Administrator
7,862 Posts
Well stated Mike. The tuning wars got severely out of hand for a while and are still a sensitive topic to many people.
Number one reason why I still have no tune on my truck, I hear great things about one tuner then someone bashes them with their 'logs' and vice versa.

I'm glad that I don't have one yet, now I can get the X4 :D

·
Registered
114 Posts
it sad to see
yes i am a member on yellowbullet and it is one of the best site to hage out , it can be a bit much , im also a memebr of turbo bullet it is the copy cat of YB and same thing on that site

IF YOU WANT TO BE A DICK ( SORRY FOR THAT WORD) HEAD OVER TO YB OR TB , LOTS OF PEOPLE THIER YOU CAN BUTT HEADS WITH AND HAVE THAT KIND OF FUN

keep this place out of that kind of stuff , chill and easy going is the way i like it here

BTW yellow bullet rocks lol

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
it sad to see
yes i am a member on yellowbullet and it is one of the best site to hage out , it can be a bit much , im also a memebr of turbo bullet it is the copy cat of YB and same thing on that site

IF YOU WANT TO BE A DICK ( SORRY FOR THAT WORD) HEAD OVER TO YB OR TB , LOTS OF PEOPLE THIER YOU CAN BUTT HEADS WITH AND HAVE THAT KIND OF FUN

keep this place out of that kind of stuff , chill and easy going is the way i like it here

BTW yellow bullet rocks lol

Yes it does...most of the time. Best place in the world to get outrageous and completely enjoy slamming one another.

I enjoyed hanging out there when I was a street legal drag racer. However, when things got personal, I said adios and have never been back.

I'm too old for that stuff (and don't have time for it anymore either)

·
Vendor
1,173 Posts
Well put. We no longer visit yellowbullet for this reason, and have dropped off of a few other forums as well.

Impressed with your accomplishments, and the more technical knowledge shared, the better. But attacks just make a forum no fun.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Well put. We no longer visit yellowbullet for this reason, and have dropped off of a few other forums as well.

Impressed with your accomplishments, and the more technical knowledge shared, the better. But attacks just make a forum no fun.

i do agree that some take it to far , it does make thing unconfertable for some
but if you can get passed the BS it's still cool

but i don't come here to promo. other plases , im here for the ecoboost stuff and that fact that it easy going

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.