F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,484 Posts
I haven't talked to him in the last few days so I don't know which he was referring to. But he's notorious, in my opinion, for putting a single snippet into text of an otherwise lengthy thought process that warranted a full context discussion.

Soooooo, you are left hanging. Lol

If I had to guess, and it's just a guess, he probably has some particular aspect of the melling oil pump that he thinks should have been different? And if so, he would put it bluntly! It'd be something that addresses some weakness that he thinks is unpardonable for skimping on.

How do I come to such a conclusion? Well let's just say that he, perhaps unwittingly, convinced me that it's an outright travesty concerning the mass produced Ecoboost pistons. He might not have intended for me to come to the conclusions that I came to after listening to his way of presenting the issue, but what I heard in my mind was that it would be SO easy, and inexpensive, for Ford to put great pistons into the Ecoboost. But they don't.

See where I'm going? I'm guessing, as I already stated, but I bet there is something about that oil pump that could have been so much better if it weren't for the pressures of profit driven mass production.

However, with my luck, he'll respond that he was talking about the oil.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Reactions: SrpRacing

·
Vendor
7,547 Posts
I haven't talked to him in the last few days so I don't know which he was referring to. But he's notorious, in my opinion, for putting a single snippet into text of an otherwise lengthy thought process that warranted a full context discussion.

Soooooo, you are left hanging. Lol

If I had to guess, and it's just a guess, he probably has some particular aspect of the melling oil pump that he thinks should have been different? And if so, he would put it bluntly! It'd be something that addresses some weakness that he thinks is unpardonable for skimping on.

How do I come to such a conclusion? Well let's just say that he, perhaps unwittingly, convinced me that it's an outright travesty concerning the mass produced Ecoboost pistons. He might not have intended for me to come to the conclusions that I came to after listening to his way of presenting the issue, but what I heard in my mind was that it would be SO easy, and inexpensive, for Ford to put great pistons into the Ecoboost. But they don't.

See where I'm going? I'm guessing, as I already stated, but I bet there is something about that oil pump that could have been so much better if it weren't for the pressures of profit driven mass production.

However, with my luck, he'll respond that he was talking about the oil.

Oil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,484 Posts
At least I was asleep when it happened.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts