F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Discussion starter · #1 · (Edited)
Left early Thursday afternoon and got back yesterday afternoon. Again the Power Boost performed flawlessly. If she keeps doing this, I will be one happy camper, pun sort of intended. If my football team were performing as flawlessly, we'd be undefeated and in the Top 10.

We drive up on Thursday (188.9 miles), and spend the night at a Walmart in Salem, VA. I like to do this so I have a leisurely drive up the mountain to the airport parking lot, where we boondock (tailgate) Friday and Saturday night. We're set up by 11-11:30 am, then the tailgating commenced.

Towing the 24', 5500# plus Travel Trailer, from home to Salem the PB got 10.18 mpg. This was 188.9 miles on I-64 and I-81. I drive a grandfatherly 63 mph. Including Salem and the 2 days in Blacksburg tailgating, the TT spent 62 hours plugged into the PB. As soon as I exited the interstate at Salem, I filled up the truck. That's why I know I got a hand figured 10.18 mpg on the way from Richmond, VA area. I filled up the truck Sunday morning after we came down from the mountain. Towing miles were 49.6. We used a total of 12.62 gallons of gas, and after subtracting the gallons used towing (49.6 miles / by 10.18 mpg = 4.87 gallons), I figure we used 7.75 gallons over the 62 hours the truck was supplying electricity to the TT.

All in all, another successful towing event.

Pic #1 is the TT plugged into the PB.
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

Pic #2 is the cooking station.
Plant Table Wood Sky Shade

Pic $3 is the center of the Clubhouse Tailgate, a 1991, 34 ft, triple axle Airstream.
Sky Motor vehicle Plant Gas Art

Pic #4 is the 1st batch of 18 eggs being scrambled, plus some Canadian bacon.
Food Ingredient Cuisine Dish Cooking

Pic #5 is the serving station
Hat Baseball cap Plant Cap Table

Discussion starter · #3 ·
You are The REAL Powerboost'r. I'm such a poser compared. Lol

And it's obvious that yaw'l are REAL fans too. Win/lose/draw support!

I just wish I understand Tech better. All I can do is drive it. Also, there is no need for me to have an RV, and not use it.

Discussion starter · #5 ·
You are The REAL Powerboost'r. I'm such a poser compared. Lol

And it's obvious that yaw'l are REAL fans too. Win/lose/draw support!
I have to confess, I gave up my season tickets this year. First time since 1990 I'm ticketless. I just got tired of baking the first game or two, and being cold in November, and even worse, being wet and cold.

However, I still love to join my friends tailgating the season away.

I have to confess, I gave up my season tickets this year. First time since 1990 I'm ticketless. I just got tired of baking the first game or two, and being cold in November, and even worse, being wet and cold.

However, I still love to join my friends tailgating the season away.
I love your response! Reminded me of the last 2 seasons I would trek up to Texas Motor Speedway for NASCAR races. We camped in the designated camping area (using a bed tent in my old 2000 F150 supercab stepside) but never went into the races. People in RV’s had TV’s going so we hung around outside watching the race broadcast. Only thing we missed out on was some noise and having tire rubber in our hair (we had low seats).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.