F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i've been looking at the forums for some time now, this is my first post.
looking to put a few aftermarket parts on my truck, most of which already have posts, but I haven't seen any on this piece.
The silver bullet throttle body space, advertised at 107.05$, giving 16hp and 17lbs. x ft. torque.

heres the link: Throttle Body Spacer Silver Bullet Throttle Body Spacers; Ford F-150 EcoBoost 11-13 V6-3.5L (tt) 46-33017 - aFe Power

what do you guys think, can such a small modification really make such a difference. not that 16hp is a huge difference, but the hp to $ ratio isn't bad here, if the product works as advertised.

afe power is well reputed, but any additional info, especially hands on, or dyno results would be appreciated.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Maybe it is different on the EB, but in the past I think that the added HP felt from a throttle body spacer has for the greatest part been "SOP" seat of the pants. If you are looking to add some real power I would keep saving and go with a tuner that will deliver both HP/TQ.
But then this is just my opinion, and we all know what opinions are like..... Mine may be not better than the others

·
Registered
589 Posts
Rockstar- I am with Jonrjen in that the Tuner has been the best bang for your buck and yeilds the greatest power of all the add ons.

This was also a thread on the throttle Body spacer http://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/13-f150-ecoboost-performance/414-afe-throttle-body-spacer.html?highlight=throttle+body+spacer

But I think this would be a could question to ping Bill with 3 stage Performance or Adrien at MAK (Both vendors here). Extremely knowledgeable guys and would be able to tell you more about that product as they carry it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I already plan on getting an afe stage 2 air intake, a MBRP 2.5" cat back dual exhaust, and a tuner, just wondering if this was worth the extra 100 bucks. But thanks, I'll have to give one of the vendors a call.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have the afe stage 2 CAI, afe 4" catback, afe throttle body spacer, and a tune, I must say putting that throttle body spacer on woke it up a little bit!

·
Registered
495 Posts
Save your money.
In my experience on mustangs a tb spacer is a gimmick you may gain a Lil with it but not enough to notice the difference in daily use
Put the 150 or what ever it cost in to something useful like a tuner and you'll get much more out of it.
Don

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yea pretty much a gimmick. And dyno results can be altered easily while dynoing. Plus on a turbo vehicle you do NOT want to "swirl" the air. Tuners have actually made air straighteners for some applications

·
Registered
373 Posts
Put that 100$ towards a tuner. I have one, and didn't do much if anything at all. I out mine in at the same time as my afe stage 2 cai. Which also had decent high advertised dyno numbers, but it's been proven that afe lied about their dyno numbers for at least those 2 items.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
8 Participants
lilcrazyone
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing