F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just like the title asks.... Are throttle body spacers worth installing, or is it a waste of money? They don't cost too much, but I have read lots of conflicting info about them. Some say they increase performance and throttle response and some say they do little or nothing.

This is for a 2011 3.5l eb.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2015 Lariat 4WD
880 Posts
In my experience with both FAI and NA engines, they do nothing for performance, mileage, etc. Even though they are sold as that. After a long debate with a fellow mechanic who was dead set on putting one on his NA 5.3 GM truck, I started doing some digging. There is little to no data to back it up that is reputable. Every seller has "dyno's" that show an "increase." Of course snake oil sales folks are masters of taking your money. My opinion, only. And no offense to any snake oil salesmen.

I had a FR TB spacer for the very reason @Blown F-150 mentioned. When I installed the FR FMIC, radiator and associated cold pipe, even though it (cold pipe) was manufactured to "work" it would not clear. Removed it and now use an adapter near the intake plenum MAP.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts