F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems that every single time I push the throttle beyond 1/3 I immediately have improper shifting and the dreaded 'dead spot' off-idle - basically everything that points to needing to do the throttle re-calibration procedure is evident within a few miles of aggressive acceleration. Anyone else have this and anyone have any hints for me? Currently running the Unleashed E30 tune with E30 in the tank. I have recently added a Snow Performance Stage 3 water/meth injection and have 50/50 ethanol-water being injected - seems to have presented itself after the water/eth was activated. Maybe its obvious to someone other than me, but I'm not expecting the extra spray to be causing the throttle issue.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds to me like you’re starting the meth Inj too early

Since you aren't riding with me, its hard to understand what I MEANT to say - I re-read my post and it is confusing so I'll clarify

If I drive normally, my throttle responds as usual. Once I stomp on it even ONCE, it seems that subsequent throttle inputs are not correct - the water/meth injection and the 'event' isn't abnormal, but the throttle response and the shifting from that point on is not right until I perform the calibration routine - jerky shifting when turning a corner and a huge dead spot when the pedal is pressed along with shifts into a higher gear than normal and late downshifts. I can make it 'go out of calibration' just about any time I want by driving aggressively OR I can keep it working properly by putting around like a good little boy. My injection *was* set to start at 3 psi and top out the first stage at 12 psi and I have since bumped that to 6 psi on and 15 psi max with my second stage starting at 12 psi - I haven't datalogged anything for evaluation yet but figured I'd start with some suggestions and opinions to be sure it wasn't a common problem that EVERYONE but me knew about.... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
Alrighty - haven't done that before so hopefully it's easy enough for an idiot :)
Are you saying you never did a Datalog before? If so, please state your device and someone with that device will tell you how to do it.

I have a Livewire, so I can help with that. You will need someone else if it is the X4 or other devices.

Best to do something that captures where the problem is ... and THEN REVIEW the datalog and "snip off" the "before and after" .... so Torrie can concentrate ONLY on the portion that matters. Please do not e-mail a 100MB file that captures 20 minutes of driving where only 15 seconds are important...Torrie is unlikely to find it.

If you need a CONFIG, either contact Torrie or, if Torrie is okay with my latest CONFIG; PM me and I'll send it to you.

My CONFIG is setup for a Livewire which only has 33 pids. It will work on other SCT devices and you can add a few more PIDs if you know how.

Reactions: Drewpydog

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have not successfully datalogged and retrieved a file and emailed - any coddling would help me and more importantly, it would be easier for Torrie since I wouldn't waste his time repeating instructions to a process that has been covered too many times for me to not have any experience with it. I have a Livewire TS and have the LiveLink software loaded on the laptop - I'll get your config file here in a bit so I can be sure the parameters recorded are the best for troubleshooting. I'm pretty booked for the near future so I'll try to squeeze some runs in if I can get to a good, safe area nearby :rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts