F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
20 seconds each or 20 seconds all together

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Each time going to the floor. So 60 sec total, 20 sec X3.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Wayyyyy to slow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I haven't seen any definite answer on this. How's it supposed to go? Just so happens I haven't done this since I added grounds to my chassis. Would't mind doing this the proper way.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
five continual times of slowly but steadily pushing the pedal to the floor and allow it to release under its own tension before immediately repeating. Shouldn’t take more than 3-4 seconds from start to finish

·
Registered
567 Posts
five continual times of slowly but steadily pushing the pedal to the floor and allow it to release under its own tension before immediately repeating. Shouldn’t take more than 3-4 seconds from start to finish

Power down (Key off) in between each?

·
Registered
567 Posts
Thanks for the clarification! I gotta go gas up for the week, so i'll be doing this procedure when I go do that.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Should this be done on a warmed up engine? Just wondering if the cold start idle would play a part in this?

·
Registered
567 Posts
Should this be done on a warmed up engine? Just wondering if the cold start idle would play a part in this?
No. You do this with the engine off. It's just a throttle position calibration basically. Warm engine or not has nothing to do with this.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
No. You do this with the engine off. It's just a throttle position calibration basically. Warm engine or not has nothing to do with this.
Whoa. My intelligence feelings took a small hit here. I know the engine is to be off. I’ve read this whole thread and even responded in it that I didn’t feel any difference. It’s been 16 months ago since I’d did it last and wanted to go outside and try it again without having to warm it up. Anyways I did it this morning first thing and went out to do some Christmas shopping and it still feels the same. No difference. One thing to note is I don’t have any hesitation or sluggish symptoms so probably wouldn’t feel anything better. Just hope for the best performance possible. Oh and Mike, I’m not trying to be a jerk back at you but you know how the internet voice can be misconceived. Everything is cool. :cool:

·
Administrator
9,793 Posts
I've tried this quite a few times on my own truck, and I've also never noticed any difference afterward. Y'all aren't alone.

Baaaaaaaaaaa

·
Registered
567 Posts
Whoa. My intelligence feelings took a small hit here. I know the engine is to be off. I’ve read this whole thread and even responded in it that I didn’t feel any difference. It’s been 16 months ago since I’d did it last and wanted to go outside and try it again without having to warm it up. Anyways I did it this morning first thing and went out to do some Christmas shopping and it still feels the same. No difference. One thing to note is I don’t have any hesitation or sluggish symptoms so probably wouldn’t feel anything better. Just hope for the best performance possible. Oh and Mike, I’m not trying to be a jerk back at you but you know how the internet voice can be misconceived. Everything is cool. :cool:
I didn't take it as such. Just trying to be thorough on explanations, since other people have taken the time for me and my questions.

·
Administrator
770 Posts
Did it again today slightly different than I did the other day and noticed a difference. Wouldn't say it's night and day, but my throttle response never seemed bad.

Key all the way forward (before starting the engine) and wait about 3 seconds for gauges to quit moving, press gas pedal slowly (about 4 seconds to the floor) and back up as fast as possible. Key all the way off, then repeat 2 more times.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just tried this and felt a huge difference. It's still not the same as a mechanical connection, but the throttle response is significantly improved. I still have a dead spot when leaving from a stoplight/sign, or when leaving from a yield sign, but rolling response is much better.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Update - ran some errands today, highway and street traffic. Throttle response much better in all conditions. Tip-in throttle input much more sensitive; no longer have to mash the pedal to induce downshifts. May perform this procedure quarterly just to ensure throttle input remains calibrated.

61 - 77 of 77 Posts