1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
312 Posts
I LOVE my timbrens, there a simple product that once installed you can basically forget about. I have enough stuff in my bed that the springs start “activating” on some rough roads and with range tires can be less than a silky ride but it doesn’t bother me. Last year my truck sat perfectly level with a 1500# pallet of stone in the bed and handled like a dream.

Attached is a picture of my dad and I hauling 110 65ish lb bales on my truck and trailer, total trailer weight of over 9300lb timbrens + Anderson = match made in heaven

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
56 Posts
You could also consider Sumosprings, replaces bump stops. Only comes into play while I'm towing..

·
Premium Member
5,017 Posts
@SENDIT
I remember that pic back when it was real time. Still a great shot!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
312 Posts
You could also consider Sumosprings, replaces bump stops. Only comes into play while I'm towing..
From what I’ve seen aren’t they essentially the same product, replace the bumpstop with a heavy rubber spring that will sit on the axle under load? I’ve never actually seen the sumo springs is why I’m asking.

·
Registered
312 Posts
@SENDIT
I remember that pic back when it was real time. Still a great shot!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Snake it seems like that was a long time ago but it was really only a few years!

Tbh that was the day that really SOLD me on the ecoboost. Before then I liked the motor but want totally sold in a little V6 truck after that I was completely in love!

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I LOVE my timbrens, there a simple product that once installed you can basically forget about. I have enough stuff in my bed that the springs start “activating” on some rough roads and with range tires can be less than a silky ride but it doesn’t bother me. Last year my truck sat perfectly level with a 1500# pallet of stone in the bed and handled like a dream.

Attached is a picture of my dad and I hauling 110 65ish lb bales on my truck and trailer, total trailer weight of over 9300lb timbrens + Anderson = match made in heaven

Wow, thanks for the Info!

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would give Sumosprings a strong look over timbrens, just based on my research (no personal experience).

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk
I'll give then a look and compare....... Like mentioned the Timbren are front runners....

·
Registered
312 Posts
Wow, thanks for the Info!
I will digress that the install was slightly nerve wracking to me, getting the truck up high enough for the axle to hang freely is not hard by any means but its a hell of a long way up there. The timbrens come with an optional spacer in case you have more space between the axle and the bump stop. I would not use it, I’ve found the single portion to be plenty of support without contacting the axle unnecessarily

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Although timbrens are a tad stiffer, I think they will be more appropriate for the weight and sway control... They will be a tad more stiff, but the benefit of the stiffer support is what I am after.

·
Administrator
9,777 Posts
I feel like with the 3 different densities and 3 different mounting designs, SS would have something for each of us in regards to load bearing assistance. I've read a lot of reviews on timbrens stating that they can feel the slap when it makes contact on bumps. I think I like the idea of the more progressive nature of the SS.

That's just all for me personally, if I went with some I think I'd wind up going with the lightest density based on my chats with the SS techs. I don't need that much more support.

I just like to mention these to folks, I had never heard of them before and I feel like a lot of people haven't. I think they are worth a look for anybody in the market for a suspension enhancement.

·
Registered
56 Posts
From what I’ve seen aren’t they essentially the same product, replace the bumpstop with a heavy rubber spring that will sit on the axle under load? I’ve never actually seen the sumo springs is why I’m asking.

Here is a picture of one of mine. Sits above the axel without load, factory ride.

·
Administrator
9,777 Posts
They also offer a version that's solid and attached top and bottom (no gap) that will offer resistance in both directions. And another attached top and bottom that's two pieces but still no gap.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’ve got a pair of used Timbrens, taken off my ‘18 XLT FX4. Replaced with airbags. Will entertain offers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
312 Posts
Gap here too. As far as stiffness, I don't really feel them. Just some extra support when I tow.
Ooh geez I see that now, I saw the black coloration behind the gap an my brain immediately thought it was like a mount plate lol

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ran across a guy with a set on his 19 F150 at camping world....... He does a lot of hot shot towing for Airstream and had nothing but good things to say about them..... Hope Santa Gets me a set!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts