F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered a new 2018 F-150 today. Race red, Lariat, super crew, 6-1/2' bed, gray leather, 2wd, 3.55 gear. Sorry it's a 5.0. Our 2013 Max-Tow, Eco-150 XLT 6-1/2' bed, bucket seat, super crew will be looking for a new home. It's white with a Snug top tonneau and 40k miles. We just didn't need the max tow after all ony towing 6-7 times in 5 yrs.
Guess I was one who didn't have anything bad to say about it just like the 2004 6.0 we had before it. The 6.0 never had a nozzle or turbo problem in 70k miles just like the Eco. They've up the power on the 5.0 and with the Mustang tune it can have more guess just miss the sound of a V8.

·
Registered
6,650 Posts
Sorry who're you?

Have fun buddy! Seriously at least it's still a FORD!

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
The new 5.0 should close the gap on torque a little bit with the direct injection.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Winchested, Joined this forum from the diesel forum in 2013. Lurking most of the time, commented on towing and milage. When you don't have a problems there's not much to say. This will be my 4th new Ford pickup, 96,04,13,now 18. My 96 was actually my favorite and drove the most. I'll go back over to the Ford enthusiats forum if it's still there....

·
Registered
5,063 Posts
Nice good luck with the new truck! I'll be giving the new 5.0 some serious consideration when I go to trade my 13 ecoboost in.
There's a couple guys on here that have gone from the 3.5 ecoboost to the 5.0 and both are very happy.

2013 F 150 ecoboost 4x4 xlt crew cab
34/10.5/17 KO2's
Bilstiens front leveling coil overs top setting
3" autospring rear blocks
And some other crap

Sent from my iPhone using Craptalk

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Nice good luck with the new truck! I'll be giving the new 5.0 some serious consideration when I go to trade my 13 ecoboost in.
There's a couple guys on here that have gone from the 3.5 ecoboost to the 5.0 and both are very happy.

2013 F 150 ecoboost 4x4 xlt crew cab
34/10.5/17 KO2's
Bilstiens front leveling coil overs top setting
3" autospring rear blocks
And some other crap

Sent from my iPhone using Craptalk
There is something to be said for the 3.5 torque, but the beauty of the V8's is that it doesn't sound like crap when it has to rev. I want my ecoboost to turn as slow as possible, but when I had my '06 GTO I ran it through the rpms just to hear it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ordered a new 2018 F-150 today. Race red, Lariat, super crew, 6-1/2' bed, gray leather, 2wd, 3.55 gear. Sorry it's a 5.0. Our 2013 Max-Tow, Eco-150 XLT 6-1/2' bed, bucket seat, super crew will be looking for a new home. It's white with a Snug top tonneau and 40k miles. We just didn't need the max tow after all ony towing 6-7 times in 5 yrs.
Guess I was one who didn't have anything bad to say about it just like the 2004 6.0 we had before it. The 6.0 never had a nozzle or turbo problem in 70k miles just like the Eco. They've up the power on the 5.0 and with the Mustang tune it can have more guess just miss the sound of a V8.
Didn't you have to option your truck with the trailer tow package in order to get the 3.55 gears? That's more money than the max tow package, and with the max tow you get the 36 gallon fuel tank.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts