F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a 2012 ecoboost f150 with 126,000 km on it. I took it to the dealer for a surge in the engine under load. It had no engine light on at the time. Dealer told me that the waste gates were seized on both turbos and it would be $4500 to replace them. So I took the truck home and I was able to move both waste gates freely with little pressure. I then used a hand pump to pump the actuators to 15 lbs where the actavaed and opened the waste gates. Two days later I got a engine light. I scanned it and it was p0016 and the tsb says it's a streached chain. I pulled the right valve cover off and looked at the tensioner and there are 5 teeth showing indicating chain streached. Ford Canada says this is covered under power train and not emissions. In Ontario we have emissions testing and the vehicle will fail if a check engine light is on. Also a YouTube video from a ford tech says ford covers this under emissions warranty. Has anyone in Canada been successful in having ford fix the chains under emissions warranty over 100,000 km? This is a known problem to ford and they have updated the parts to make them last longer. My problem was I ran full synthetic in the truck since new and prolonged the stretching of the chain until after the warranty was up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.