F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed Dick Cepek Fun Country 305/55-R20 on my 2013 F-150 Eco and wanted to report on the fitment and performance.

First, I have a 2" leveling kit installed. I hear reports that this size tire will not fit without a least a 2" level. I also have 2" spacers behind the stock 20" wheel. I don't think this has much affect on fitment.

Fitment on the rear is no problem of course.Plenty of space, and these CD Fun Country tires fill up the gaping space nicely.Makes the truck look so much better.
Fitment on the front is very tight, but it works.On the rear of the wheel well, the clearance is ¾” at the tightest point.On the front, The clearance is only about ¼” from the edge of the tire to the black plastic air spoiler under the bumper. (see pics) With the suspension compressed a bit, I actually have interference a tiny bit which can be solved by trimming off a tiny little corner of the plastic spoiler.
I love the look of these tires and they are a dramatic visual upgrade over the stock tires.While I’m sure they will perform well in snow and off road, they have a negative effect on handling, cab noise and fuel economy.It knocked down my MPGs about 2.5 MPG in all around driving.The noise is minimal for me because I’m also running AFE downpipes and 4” Catback exhaust.So, the noise is drowned out by my exhaust.If you’re running stock exhaust, the tire noise may be more noticeable.

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Looks good! I went with 1/4" spacers and they fit great! 2" seems a bit much! Nice pattern on those DC's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
49 Posts
Looks real good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts