F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are people getting for miles on a set.
When I got the truck, with 19,000 miles, the SRA's were worn on both outside and inside.
I had the truck aligned and put new Michelin LTX A/T tires. I got 16,000 out of them (2,4,4,5)
I used the mileage warranty and went with the Cooper Discoverer ATP's and they have 10k on them and are about halfway done.
I live about 4 miles from work and drive a curvy road, I know that doesn't help, but I seem to have lower life on tires on all my vehicles. My Explorer got 19k out of the Michelins.
I'm not lighting these up everywhere.
What is everyone else seeing with A/T tires?

·
Administrator
4,074 Posts
Wow! You sure chew through some tires for some reason.
I bought my truck at 19,000 miles also. Mine had the factory Michelin LTX M/S2's on it and I drove it to about 53,000 miles before they needed to be replaced.
Then I put on some Falken Wildpeaks AT3 and have gotten over 19,000 out of them and they are still going strong with more than half tread left.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I initially thought pressure, but I run about 35'ish and they wear all the way across, with a little extra on the edges from the road I drive.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
I’ve used SR-A tires 5 times now. Including my 99 F150 and always got 45 to 50k out of them. My 2013 might be going through them faster though. As I changed tires early on the 13 (18 to 20’s) the tires probably would have made the 45k.

·
Administrator
7,772 Posts
I had my stock Alenza's for about 51K miles (rotated them every 20K miles). They weren't completely shot at the time when I got new Revo2's either, but from day 1 the snow/water traction with them was god-awful

·
Premium Member
2,719 Posts
I'd ask your neighbors and see what they get on tires. Might be something to go with roads (asphalt) Other than that I'm at a lost on why

·
Registered
93 Posts
Proper inflation, alignment within specs, no worn suspension components and regular rotations... there isn't any reason a set of tires won't last at least 50k miles

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Proper inflation, alignment within specs, no worn suspension components and regular rotations... there isn't any reason a set of tires won't last at least 50k miles
You are correct. But my wife’s Mercedes rear tires would only last 25k. Stager set up so no rotation. Fronts would go 50k. Mercedes techs said it’s because of the torque of the engine and rear alignment is set up for cornering. I don’t buy that.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I rotate them as specified, keep them 35-36'ish, had it aligned. It has to be the curvy roads I drive and the fact that I drive aggressive. EVERY vehicle I've had got the same mileage on tires, all 4 Explorers and even the Saturn 300. Of course they are ALWAYS working on the roads here. My wife runs highway miles and gets 50k on the Jeep.

·
Registered
189 Posts
You are correct. But my wife’s Mercedes rear tires would only last 25k. Stager set up so no rotation. Fronts would go 50k. Mercedes techs said it’s because of the torque of the engine and rear alignment is set up for cornering. I don’t buy that.
It's a Mercedes thing. My wife's Magnum RT suspension is based off of the E-class Mercedes and I'm lucky to get 25k miles on a set of tires.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2013 f150 3.5. Got 35000 miles with oe tires during 5 tire rotation. I have worked in ford dealerships for thirty years. I have always believed that oe tires were of a lower quality.i am now running Goodyear trail runners in a lt an I have had better and traction.i live in the snow belt and run them year round.very impressed so far.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have a 2011 Ecoboost lariat super crew. The stock Michelin’s only lasted 30k miles. The. Firestone dueller and they have 21k miles. I’d be surprised if they last another 10k. I rotate every 5k. Tire pressure 35psi. Typical daily commute 5 mi each way, that’s most my miles.

Upgrading soon to a 2018 KR, will be watching for better tires.

I live in south Florida, maybe it’s the year round hot roads.

·
Registered
71 Posts
definitely don't buy that either. you ever do a bit more research on why she was burnin' through them?

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
I’m at around 45k miles with my duratracs and they are getting close to needing replacement. I could probably get another 5k but want new tires before the snow starts coming down heavy.

·
Registered
951 Posts
I’m at around 45k miles with my duratracs and they are getting close to needing replacement. I could probably get another 5k but want new tires before the snow starts coming down heavy.
Really!..I have 60k on my duratracs. I could have got another 10k on them, but they were getting dry rotted, so I just replaced them with the same tire again. The price per tire hasn’t changed in the last 6 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 38 Posts