F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
I drive somewhat aggressively and rotate only every 20k miles or so. My front to back wear rate is not far apart to rotate any more often.

Currently have 36k on stock Goodyear HTs and at 6/32nd all around; measured just yesterday with tread gauge.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I drive somewhat aggressively and rotate only every 20k miles or so. My front to back wear rate is not far apart to rotate any more often.

Currently have 36k on stock Goodyear HTs and at 6/32nd all around; measured just yesterday with tread gauge.
*jaw dropped*

I would never even dream of that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have just over 40K on my original Pirelli Scorpion 20's. Never rotated, pretty even wear too, great tire in wet or dry. Looking to get a new set before winter. Would like to maybe go with a taller tire like a 735-60-20. Pirelli doesn't make that size though.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I work for a tire shop in Denver and usually see 40k-50k on most f150s. Curvy roads definitely do there toll though on tires. I would maybe try to step up to a 10 ply rated tire. Might hold up a little better. Had a customer just yesterday come in with his 2012 Screw that got just over 60k on his 20” hankooks.

By the way for you staggered rear wheel drivers. I usually tell people that you will go through about 2 pairs of rear tires for every front. Plus all mileage warranties get cut in half on these vehicles because you can not rotate them. Just some food for thought.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
I work for a tire shop in Denver and usually see 40k-50k on most f150s. Curvy roads definitely do there toll though on tires. I would maybe try to step up to a 10 ply rated tire. Might hold up a little better. Had a customer just yesterday come in with his 2012 Screw that got just over 60k on his 20” hankooks.

By the way for you staggered rear wheel drivers. I usually tell people that you will go through about 2 pairs of rear tires for every front. Plus all mileage warranties get cut in half on these vehicles because you can not rotate them. Just some food for thought.
Never seen an f150 with staggered sizes.

·
Administrator
7,836 Posts
Never seen an f150 with staggered sizes.
He was referring to someone who posted previously about how RWD cars you would expect the rears to wear out 2X's as fast as the front...or something like that. Not referring to F150's (per se)

·
Registered
253 Posts

I concur on the 60k on Hankooks. Good tire with real good wet traction.

OP you said you have short commute and drive aggressively. Try for the next 10k miles driving like your grandma is in the front seat and see if wear slows.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
OP you said you have short commute and drive aggressively. Try for the next 10k miles driving like your grandma is in the front seat and see if wear slows.
What, so no more of this???

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have 69,950 miles on my OEM Wranglers and still have plenty of tread left (9/32" as of a couple weeks ago when I last checked) - although I have the 2" level kit ready to install and will be swapping the tires out real soon. I keep a constant 40psi in the tires and rotate at every oil change.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have just over 40K on my original Pirelli Scorpion 20's. Never rotated, pretty even wear too, great tire in wet or dry. Looking to get a new set before winter. Would like to maybe go with a taller tire like a 735-60-20. Pirelli doesn't make that size though.
I'm in the same boat. I have 53K on the oe Pirelli's it's time. I want a larger size also and have not made a decisions yet.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm about to take my stock Wranglers off next week to swap to the Cooper AT3's. All highway driving and I have 71,000 miles on the stock tires. Keep them at 40psi and rotated at every oil change. Yesterday while installing my Bilstein 5100's up front, the tread depth was 6/32" and nice and even. I was definitely impressed with the mileage I got out of them!

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
I'm about to take my stock Wranglers off next week to swap to the Cooper AT3's. All highway driving and I have 71,000 miles on the stock tires. Keep them at 40psi and rotated at every oil change. Yesterday while installing my Bilstein 5100's up front, the tread depth was 6/32" and nice and even. I was definitely impressed with the mileage I got out of them!
You must not drive anywhere near snow?

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Weird... my stock Wranglers (junk) did not even last to 50k?
Do you think their is a problem with my Boost?
Maybe because I have 3:73 gear set?....or maybe it has something to do with my right foot?
And....what about my gas mileage-lol

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I have 65,000kms on the Hankook atm's. I rotated them once. I they are about the same wear front and back, about 35-40% left. I have smoked them many times. I drive very aggressively. I use them in the winter every year, which means they get spun up even more. I'll probably replace them next winter.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Nope, but I have no idea what that would do with it, unless you think that with snow you'll have additional tire spinning to wear them down faster.

I live south of I-10. No snow here!
No its the lack of traction...

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I got 19k, tires were 2,2,3,3, so even wear.
Went to the Falken Wildpeak A/T3W models.
I always get the prorated mileage, so it's not too painful.

They look good, they do spin a little more on a quick "pull out into traffic" than the Coopers, but the wet traction seems to be better though.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts